Not impressed with Morrisons at all!!

kitten2206

Jul 8, 2011
yes I had that, they offered some biscuits, marked as 2 x £1 but when I got to the checkout it came to £2. I complained and went and pulled the price sticker off and showed the miserable cashier. I was given the £1 back, but I didnt do it because of the £1, just for the principle. I never got a "sorry" or "thank you", nothing, and this was going on when they were Somerfield as well

Scotney

Mar 15, 2012
well ill never shop in that shop ever again went to our local one in gloucester last night .being friday other half got himself a case off stella small trolley was full off shopping so our son whos 17 carried it in the store got to check out only to be told we could not buy the lager coz the dip stick manager beliived it was for our son .i no rules are rules and under age drinking has to be curbed but this is stupid the poor girl on the check out said the new manager had them doing it all day me thinks hes trying to get to the top well he aint going to do that with unhappy customers :mad:
Hi Shirley. Just to let you know, the checkout operator and the manager were only upholding the law. If they'd sold the beer to you, they could have been in trouble and the operator, as well as the store, could potentially have received an on the spot fine.
I work for another supermarket and the checkout operators are constantly being told that, if a group of people come to their checkout and at least one of the group appears to be under the age of 25, then ALL IDs have to be checked. They are not allowed, by law, to sell the alcohol to minors no matter how many adults are with them, after all, you COULD have been purchasing it for your son.
I had a similar experience with Morrisons at their lottery till. I'd passed my lottery ticket to my 15 year old daughter to hold while I sorted the money out. Again, they wouldn't serve me for the same reason they wouldn't serve you. It may seem stupid but the law's there to protect our children...

angrymal

Sep 15, 2012
not impressed with morrisons at all, put a jacket in for dry cleaning they completely destroyed it when i complained i was told i shoulnt have put it in for dry cleaning, when i showed them the dry clean only label, they then said its the manufactures problem, everyone elses fault but theres. the staff are rude and arrogant

gerryman

Jan 21, 2013
Ive just had two problems with morrisons, the first occured on Christmas eve. I had bought an extra large turkey for Christmas day lunch we had decided to cook the bird Christmas eve eveing at about 5pm, it was a fresh bird not frozen. It was covered in cellophane when i took the cellophane of the smell was terrible the meat had started to go off, i quickly took the bird back to the store as i knew it was about to close. I arrived as they were closing the store at 5.30 and said i could not enter the shop, i then informed them that the bird was rancid and that i needed a new one as the next day was christmas day. They allowed me in and took the bird to the butcher, he informed me that it was supposed to smell like this and it was just gas that the bird was giving off the smell was that bad that the taxi driver that took me to the store nearly through up as well as the Morrisons assistant that first spoke to me.The service was very poor they had no turkeys left i had to make do with a turkey crown.
The other was at my local store, together with my mother in law we spend £300 per week. We visited on Friday just gone to find that the store had no wheel chairs not only that but the store manager was not even aware that he didnt have any, this is a major problem as my mother is disabled. I wonder if he would be concerned if it was shopping trolleys he did not have i have spoken to customer service and i am waiting there repley