Oak coffee table

PGT67

Apr 28, 2016
We have taken delivery of a solid oak coffee table which whilst not structurally at fault it has some cosmetic damage which detracts from the appearance. There are 2 faults, one is where the stain hasn't been applied correctly and missed altogether and the second is a drawer front that appears to have a totally different piece of wood used in the construction.
I have been back to the seller who agrees the piece missed QC & should not have been released for sale and made good. He did make an offer to refund delivery but since that email the 2nd defect has been spotted.

I know I have a 14 day distance selling period in which to return the item but on noticing these defects is it reasonable to reject the item and if so am I liable for delivery costs to send it back

Thanks in advance

GloriaDSharma

Jul 13, 2016
I think you have the right to return them without having to worry about the cost to send it back. I'd still count it as a defect re: the stain and different wood used on the drawer.

jg1

Sep 19, 2017
Try Oak Furniture King in the future for oak products. I've bought from them a few times and there furniture is always made and put together correctly. From what i've found, they're also the cheapest company to purchase solid oak from.

All the best

Jake