OCUK Say Faulty GPU Is Fine, Help!

TheAlchemist

Feb 19, 2011
Hello.

I bought 2 graphics cards from OverclockersUK about a year ago. They have a 3 year warranty on them, and up until recently have worked fine.

But about a month ago the fan on one started getting noisy. I put up with it for a while but then contacted OverlockersUK about it, as well as MSI (the manufacturer), hoping to get a replacement fan to fix the problem myself.

After an abrupt to-and-fro with MSI, where they essentially said 'tough!', I relented and sent the whole thing back to OCUK, which cost just over £9 postage!

OCUK are now saying that the item is fine, and they want £10, +VAT, +postage to send the item back to me.

So my questions are thus:

1) Can I get my £9 postage refunded, as they didn't mention anything about having to pay for postage on faulty goods before I purchased the items

2) Can I fight this decision? I fully expect the card to return with a faulty fan, as it doesn't sound like they checked the fan at all, just ran different games on it, and I'd like someone else to check it such as the manufacturer.

3) Do I really have to pay these charges? It does mention them on their website but it still seems a bit dodgy.

Here's the email in case you are interested:

Here is the technicians Test Report:

"Graphics card passes all Tests with no issues, Tests Run: Crysis WarHead, 3D Mark 11, Furmark, 3Dmark Vantage, AVP, Lost Planet 2, Stone Benchmark MSI Kombuster, Resident Evil Benchmark, ATI Mecha, A"

(Graphics card passes all Tests with no issues, Tests Run: Crysis WarHead, 3D Mark 11, Furmark, 3Dmark Vantage, AVP, Lost Planet 2, Stone Benchmark MSI Kombuster, Resident Evil Benchmark, ATI Mecha, ATI Ladybug, Streetfighter Benchmark, Stone Giant and heaven benchmark tool, these were all tested at 1920 x 1200 resolution running maximum settings, tested on DX9, DX10 and DX11 where applicable, there was no issues apparent.)

TheAlchemist

Feb 19, 2011
No real word from OCUK as yet - I sent a couple of 'webnotes' to them, but the only reply I have received is this:

You have an outstanding testing charge on XXXXXX. Until this is paid, the order containing your RMA items will be held.

Please contact our support team on 0871 200 5053 in order to provide your payment details and resolve this outstanding charge.
I've had 3 emails like that so far (2 of Friday 1 Saturday). Also no replies on their forum where I made a thread.