Packaged Accounts reclaiming: Ombudsman News Sept 2013

nattie

Sep 3, 2008
issue 112, case studies ? packaged bank accounts

The above goes through a number of scenarios that the ombudsman had to deal with and does highlight a few points to note when reclaiming packaged accounts ie do not claim if you have used the product actively and have saved money as a result. Do not claim if you cannot prove that you had other products that did the job.

Interesting article to be honest.

di30

Sep 18, 2008
Hi Nattie, not doing good with my case at the moment,it was previously upheld, and since the bank didnt agree with the adjudicators decision they said that we did benefit as we benefitted from the preferential rate on the overdraft. I mentioned about the loans held under the packaged accounts and the bank could not actually prove on them as my adjudicator says that the bank are unable to track down the details going back to 10 years. (Despite the fact that I said I have all the details of the agreements and rates) the adjudicator never asked me for them but made the decision to reject our case anyway. We can however forward further info and if this further info doesnt change her opinion from here then it will be the ombudsman. Still cant understand when i emailed her to offer the info of the loans before she made the decision on not even having the info.