Philips TV problem

Thelazywolf

Jun 17, 2012
Hi guys. I bought a Philips Ambilight 47' TV through a catalogue company (Very) roughly 2 and a half years ago and it has gone kaput on me this weekend. it made a popping/bang sound and went completely dead, the standby light doesn't come on and there doesn't seem to be any power going to it. I'm not 100% sure yet whether its still in warranty, I need to dig all the paperwork out but if the worst comes to the worst and it isn't still in warranty with Very then could I use the SOGA to get a repair/replacement from the catalogue company? Also I don't know if this makes any differencee but I am actually still currently making payments for the tv to the catalogue company, I think the payment schedule finishes in 12 months or so. Any help would be appreciated.

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
Under SOGA 1979 s. 14goods need to be satisfactory quality.

'For the purposes of this Act, goods are of satisfactory quality if they meet the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking account of any description of the goods, the price (if relevant) and all the other relevant circumstances.'

I think you will need to show that the TV has failed prematurely by obtaining a report and then contacting the catalogue company

I'm not totally sure what agreement you have with catalogue companies. If it is a credit agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you have a right against both the supplier and the finance company.