Plumbing Problems

Weaver2

Jan 11, 2011

Kings piece de resistance above needs no explanation!

No supporting screws in sink.

White plastic pipe unsupported, uninsulated.

Weaver2

Jan 11, 2011
Quotes from other sites:

After 33 years as a plumber I still read the instructions.

It's been chucked in as cheap as possible.

Remember I also said this guy is not a plumber.

That lot needs sorting out properly and there's no way the (person) who did that is going to suddenly get good enough to put it right.

A plumber has not done this work that is your main problem
You keep referring to a plumber and work being done by a plumber, a qualified plumber has not been near this job.

Pipes hanging around, unlagged etc, is what you would get from some fly by night who knocked on the door.

Could also dig out the BS of water pipes near electric sockets and obstructing electrical inspection covers into wiring terminals.

If you had got a registered plumber in, this would not have happened.

If that's how bad the workmanship is in plain sight, what is it like where you can't see it?

25 years Ive been a plumber and all I can say is Oh dear.

londonplumber

Oct 8, 2015
One of the biggest problems are cowboy tradesmen. Always ask for ID and references and possibly even a written contract beforehand. Good luck!

Weaver2

Jan 11, 2011
One of the biggest problems are cowboy tradesmen. Always ask for ID and references and possibly even a written contract beforehand. Good luck!
This thread is almost 3 years old! However, I can tell you that I took my case to the Ombudsman but lost because I couldn't get a single plumber, not even the two suggested by the Ombudsman, to write a report on the state of installation. Both of the latter said that it was not in their interests to sort out another local bathroom installers mess. I've moved on but still spread the news.