Pram Centre Warranty

JanePat

Jan 9, 2016
Hi,

I hope someone can help with this one. I ordered my sons travel system from the pram centre as this allows you to pay up the cost over time.

When I had made all payments they called to ask if I wanted the items delivered before the baby came and as I was off work at the time I agreed.

I just started using the stroller part of the travel system at the start of December and when I folded the pram I realised that one side wasn't clipped in. The problem is definitely with the stroller attachment as the car seat clips in both sides no problems.

I contacted the pram centre to be told that there is only a 6 month warranty so the pram is no longer covered. I wasn't told this when they offered early delivery as I wouldn't have agreed to this. My son was just 6 months on 19th December so if I hadn't agreed to early delivery it would still have been covered.

They offered to check the fitting if I could bring it into the shop but I don't drive and it's not safe to take on public transport.

Is this legal? I thought everything was 12 months and even if 6 months is legal should they not have informed me of that when asking me to accept the item early?

thanks for any help, it's much appreciated

Jane