Problems with New Bathroom advice needed

JPiper

Mar 9, 2016
I recently ordered a new bathroom from a company.
I have had several problems with the bathroom set.

Firstly the bath arrived with the wrong attachments for the feet. It took two days to get replacement fixings which extended the fitting of the bathroom.

Secondly When we unpacked the toilet it was cracked. The company sent a replacement but as this happened on a Friday we had to wait until after the weekend for it to arrive. So I had to go a whole weekend without a toilet. The bathroom was meant to be finished on the Friday. The toilet was fitted on the following Monday but the flush pump was broken so I had to buy a new one. After replacing the flush pump we put the lid on the tank and noticed the toilet is wonky! It looks awful.

The sink comes with a chrome stand. After fitting we realised the legs are wonky there is a 1cm difference in the gap at the top to the gap at the bottom so it looks like the legs are bent in.

I have been in contact with the suppliers and they said they are contacting the manufacturer. I have replied saying my contract is with them, not the manufacturer and that they should deal with my issues and its up to them to claim back from the manufacturer at a later date which I think is correct.

I am really upset as it took me a long time to save for the bathroom. I want to find out if I took them to court would a possible outcome be that they would have to refund the cost of the bathroom and pay for the cost of the builders? I don't want to have to take them to court but if I know what I could possibly get if I did it will help me in my negotiations.

I paid £700 for the bathroom suite and £4000 for the fitting of the new bathroom, (I had everything redone, plastering, timing etc). Or part of the cost of the builders? I had to pay the builders an extra day as 5 days work turned into 6. Also because of all the problems the bathroom looks terrible, It looks like I have purchased a 'seconds' bathroom suite. I can't afford to pay the builders any more. So am stuck with this wonky bathroom.

Thanks for taking the time to read.