QuickMobileFix - Didnt fix my phone

Robh1990

Oct 22, 2015
Hi guys so I dropped my phone down the toilet,
Went to Quickmobilefix website and paid £20 for a water damage diagnosis and sent it away.
They diagnosed the problems and needed to replace 2 parts, costing £129.
I paid this and they sent the phone back to me.
Within 3 days I was having problems with the wifi and bluetooth, then eventually the wifi wouldnt turn on at all.
I sent it back to them to have a look at and they sent it back to me, in exactly the same way Id sent it to them, wifi not working, and bluetooth not working.
Ive rang them up now and theyre saying water damaged repairs are none refundable and it might require further parts.
What are my rights in this situation, as ive forked out £150 to fix it and my phone isnt fixed.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi Robh1990,
Any goods or services paid for should be complete with reasonable care and skill and ultimately if their diagnosis has claimed a fix and you've agreed to this, it should be fixed. You have the right to either have your handset put right, have yourself put into the position pre-contract or you can choose a reduction in the price you paid.

On a non-legal matter however let me tell you that water damage can never be fixed, regardless of such repair services being available - it's like rust, once it's there, it'll always come back, slowly but ultimately it will return.
Also - I'd like to take a guess at the handset - is it an iPhone by any chance? If so there are common and easy to do yourself fixes for greyed out WiFi / the inability to find any WiFi and Bluetooth, usually solved with a simple software update. Though do be warned to back up your data before doing so.
Adam

jam_jar_jim

Nov 30, 2015
I'm having issues with this company too.

I sent my phone in for a standard LCD screen replacement and each time they send it back something else is broken and I have to send it back for them to fix.

It's been going back and forth now for nearly two months and I'm still stuck on what I can actually do other than keep sending it back hoping they finally fix every issue.

Here is what has happened so far, any advice on what my rights are / what I can do would be welcomed.

10/10 - Sent Device with Broken screen in for initial repair.

17/10 - Received the device back, worked fine for a few hours and then just died and wouldn't charge at all.

19/10 - Sent back.

21/10 - They check the device and say the original battery was faulty and it was not their fault (I’m doubting this now). I paid for a replacement (stupidly). Then a long wait apparently for parts to arrive.

13/11 - Received the device back, this time with the battery repaired but no networks available (they must have damaged something during the repair). Sent back to them to inspect.

25/11 - They sent back the phone with working networks apparently after replacing the sim reader but this time the Earphone slot doesn’t work. So I’ve sent it back and I'm still waiting on their response.

I should probably cut my loses at this point but sending it back isn't costing me anything and they shouldn't be able to get away with damaging customers devices more when they're meant to repair them.

mbkimberley

Dec 21, 2015
Shepshed UK
I'm having issues with this company too.

I sent my phone in for a standard LCD screen replacement and each time they send it back something else is broken and I have to send it back for them to fix.

It's been going back and forth now for nearly two months and I'm still stuck on what I can actually do other than keep sending it back hoping they finally fix every issue.

Here is what has happened so far, any advice on what my rights are / what I can do would be welcomed.

10/10 - Sent Device with Broken screen in for initial repair.

17/10 - Received the device back, worked fine for a few hours and then just died and wouldn't charge at all.

19/10 - Sent back.

21/10 - They check the device and say the original battery was faulty and it was not their fault (I’m doubting this now). I paid for a replacement (stupidly). Then a long wait apparently for parts to arrive.

13/11 - Received the device back, this time with the battery repaired but no networks available (they must have damaged something during the repair). Sent back to them to inspect.

25/11 - They sent back the phone with working networks apparently after replacing the sim reader but this time the Earphone slot doesn’t work. So I’ve sent it back and I'm still waiting on their response.

I should probably cut my loses at this point but sending it back isn't costing me anything and they shouldn't be able to get away with damaging customers devices more when they're meant to repair them.
I worked for a mobile phone company in the past. What type of phone is it and do you know if anything, like a bang or water, preceeded the original fault.