Recipe Websites?

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
Can anybody recommend any good recipe websites? I feel that I am cooking a lot of the same meals over and over. I need to try some new dishes and new ingredients. I am looking for weekday evening meals that are healthy and quick and easy to prepare.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
Honest to god advice... get some student recipe books.

Packed with easy, cheap and tasty recipes. I have two from my uni days and cook from them all the time.

They aren't too expensive either, unlike some of the grand recipe books you see with ingredients and cooking methods you've never heard of.

Saying that though, I used to find Sainsbury's recipe site quite good, haven't look in a while though so don't know what recipes are on there at the moment:

Recipe search - Sainsbury's - Try something new today

TracyG

Apr 26, 2009
Student recipe books! That's something I would have never thought of. I've never owned a student recipe book (or even browsed through one), though I think it's worth a look, so I'm heading over to ebay to see if I can pick up a bargain on a student recipe book.

I know there are some good recipes, recipe books and websites out there, but sometimes it can be difficult sifting through the ones with lengthy and expensive ingredients lists, and time consuming prepartion and cooking.

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
I quite often just Google the ingredients I have around and add 'recipe'. I also choose the UK site option, as I cannot be bothered to do cup conversions, and sometimes other ingredients are unavailable here. I usually do this at about 5.10 pm, after looking in the fridge and realising I have to make something delicious in 20 minutes with two limp carrots, a past it’s sell-by jar of Pesto, and half a cabbage!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I am still a big fan of Delia Smith and think her Complete Cookery Book (I think that's what it's calle) is great. It has anything and everything in there including lots of meals which use the cheaper cuts of meat, etc.

Snippa

Jan 12, 2010
The Better Budgeting site also has a budget recipe section with some great cheap recipes I have used.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Thanks for that Snippa. I will go and take a look. We're a large family and I'm desperate to try and bring our weekly groceries in under £100.