'reconditioned phone'

Jules66

Aug 11, 2012
Bought HTC wildfire from vodafone in March 2012. 2nd week went to shop stating it didnt work properly and was fobbed off. Went back further 3 times still not working properly. In May 2012 phone sent away for repair, came back, seemed bit better, then got to August 2012 was worse than ever, phone would not work, could not get on internet etc. In August 2012 they sent it to htc for repair. It could not be repaired so they sent me a 'reconditioned' phone as replacement. I have refused to accept this today in the shop as want new phone, or refund. Vodafone say I have no choice and must accept it. Basically now got no phone at all!!. Very inconvenient. Have sent numerous emails to vodafone and all they say is sort it out with the shop. Shop don't want to help and insist I have had phone too long and should have said in first couple of weeks of owning the phone that it did not work properly. Told them i did do this but was never offered a refund. At a stalemate with no phone, anyone know my rights please. Bought phone outright in March 2012 and on sim only contract thank-you.

TallGuy

Apr 30, 2012
Within 6 months it's down to the retailer to prove the phone was knackered when you bought it. You're on the thin red line here, but also there's another point which I don't think you'll like:
Vodafone are within their rights to offer you a like-for-like phone, including a reconditioned phone.

Think about it, you've had your phone now for 6 months, the only way you'd get a brand new one is if you could prove Vodafone had something to do with making the phone worse - so you won't end up better off, you're simply going to get a similar condition mobile phone.

I say you should take it, but be wary that it may have a limited warranty.

Alternatively just sell the new phone and get a new one. I made a post a while ago about a recycler I used called onbay recycle, i'm not posting spammy links so just give them a google and see what you think.