Refund issue

sam73

Feb 11, 2017
Hi everyone, I am looking for some help with a Consumer issue and would be grateful for some input. I brough a car from a second-hand Car Dealer and on the way home from the garage the car started to over heat so I pulled up and let it sit for a while then I started the car back up and within few minutes the car was over heating again. I pulled up in the road I was on and called the bloke I had just purchased the car from and informed him the car was over heating, he then tried to tell me that due to the cold weather the bottle for the coolant had must had cracked ( it was cold but not Antarctic cold) I couldn’t locate the coolant bottle ( I brought a smart car foretwo) so I had to leave the car and get picked up as I was about 25 minutes away from home and it started to snow. I spoke t the man today and said I wanted my money back and t come get the car as I had looked up I had the right to do so in the consumer act and he said yes that’s fine and he will get the car picked up today. I later had to call back as he didn’t call to let me know what was happening and then he tells me he was on the way to oxford for a “family doo” and wuld now be collecting the car on Monday. My question is what do I do next as he has £1750 of my money and the car is totally unfit for purpose and he seems to be playing games. I offered t go to the dealership and give him the key and collect my money but he delined saying I had already been put out and he would come to me…. I am starting to panic as this is a lot of money and as a single mother working I got a loan to pay for the car. Please help I have been crying with anxiety all day