Return On Kindle Fire?

Spiro4181

Jun 29, 2013
Hi,

I wondered if anyone could give me any advice - my partner bought me a kindle fire hd at Christmas and the touch screen started going crazy about a month ago, I called customer services and was told that they would offer me a replacement, I said I wanted a refund and they offered me 80% - When I asked why i was told that it was outside its 30 day return policy but I thought this only applied to new kindle orders not faulty ones - where do I stand?

Any help would be appreciated.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
If goods are faulty at purchase you are entitled to reject them for a refund but when a fault devepops at a later date then the option is replace, repair or partial refund depending on its age and the use you have had of it so they are correct I'm afraid. The question is, would 20% be acceptable for 6 months use? gives it a lifespan of 2.5 years, think I'd be arguing that point!

Spiro4181

Jun 29, 2013
If goods are faulty at purchase you are entitled to reject them for a refund but when a fault devepops at a later date then the option is replace, repair or partial refund depending on its age and the use you have had of it so they are correct I'm afraid. The question is, would 20% be acceptable for 6 months use? gives it a lifespan of 2.5 years, think I'd be arguing that point!
Yeah I argued again with them this morning and they are offering me an 80% refund on my card and 20% as a gift card on my account so I accepted that as I still get my money back. Thanks for the reply tho, 20% for 6 months use would of been my next argument :)

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
That's a good result you got all your money back effectively well done.