Returning faulty item under DSR when only parts are broken.

Shumbalion

May 9, 2013
England
Returning faulty items under DSR when only parts are broken.

I haven’t found anything that mentions this on the site yet although I didn’t dig ‘to deep’. I’m now in such a situation myself but also think the information will be useful for others.

I ordered a motherboard it came with cables and a add-on board, lets also pretend I has dust covers and wire-ties on the product in the box. (although I didn’t actually find any dust covers on this one)

Lets now assume that one of the parts other than the main board is broken. In my case it is the small additional add-on board.

I have been told by the place I ordered that they have no problem just replacing the broken part as its clear from the photo I took that it is damaged.

However if I was to RMA the product they said they would test the main board as well and if the main board has no fault, regardless of the fault on the smaller add-on part, I would have to cover the cost of postage and inspection due to the product not being faulty.

As far as I was aware a ‘product’ was everything in the box. That’s including all cables, dust covers, the main board, manuals, stickers and the add-on board.

But if I reverse the logic given, as to RMAing the product, if I want to return the item under DSR then I do not need to include the add-on board or perhaps even the cables! I’m sure would be complained about tho.

As to dust covers and wire-ties id hope there should be a little more flexibility but I doughty it.

Something certainly doesn’t add up here can anyone explain?