Riser no longer!

Firebird52

Mar 11, 2009
I purchased over the internet a riser/recliner for my 85yr old mother for nearly £500. :( When it arrived, I signed for it and took it out of packing (which I disposed of) and put it together. After sitting on it the next evening i noticed the arms appeared to have an indentation in the padding under the material which was like it had been in a showroom and people had `tried` it. :( I duly emailed the company The Recliner Store in Bradford and they replied that they would take back to inspect the fault, which by now I had noticed a slight pucker in the fabric at the back. It now appears they have asked me to send it back for review and I have to pay the return costs. Also since then I have heard quite a loud noise that sounds like wood grating when I use the riser part. Why wood they also attach the price tags on the chair if it had come straight from the manufacturer ? and sent in an box from a different model

Do I have any recourse please ?
:eek::eek:

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
How long have you had it? If it is less than seven days since you can return it as this is within your cooling off period. You would have to pay return costs though. If you want to keep it and it is faulty they should pay return costs.

Tony

Firebird52

Mar 11, 2009
Tony, Thanks for your input.

I had it delivered a week past Monday, and I dont want to keep faulty goods either. As long as they replace it with a new one I dont mind.....:mad::mad:

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
They must do this within reasonable time, at no additional cost to you and without causing any significant inconvenience.
Form the link above. i.e. they need to lend you a chair while yours is being repaired. This is reasonable given the circumstances. They also need to pay costs of shipping etc or they could just replace it.

Tony