Rock Solid Kitchens

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Trading Standards are correct, it doesn't mean you Can't stop the cheque though.

dja2009

Jan 23, 2009
Another Mug

I wanted to cancel the cheque but Trading Standards advised me not too as that would be breach of contract - thats the reason I didnt cancel :eek:

Jez

Consumer
Jun 14, 2008
You could always phone up and pay the deposit by credit card telling them you don't have enough funds for the cheque to clear. Then you can cancel the cheque if it isn't too late. If they don't pay it back you can then claim it back from the credit card company : )

dja2009

Jan 23, 2009
Thats a good idea Jez, problem is that they do not accept credit cards only cheque, cash or bankers cheque - slippery little company

dja2009

Jan 23, 2009
Well dispite cancelling over the phone, by fax and two recorded delivery letters (both signed for). Today I have received a call to arrange delivery of 'my new kitchen'. I explained that I have cancelled the order, they asked why so I explained the situation - the reply back was well im sure you will be hearing from us and slamed down the phone.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Oh dear, well I guess you were right about the £100. You can always go to the small claims court to get it back.

Tony

angevin-1

Jan 2, 2009
Thought I'd bring Tony, Glasgow Girl and and anyone else interested up to speed on my recent triumph. After compiling my defence to MCOL, I recevied notification that this case was being handled in Kingston-Upon-Hull County Court. Received the notification on 31/01 so I wasn't left much time. I was really starting to 'see red' as that town is still in England, not Scotland. However, I was prepared to stick it out, whatever. On returning home from work tonight 02/02 there's a letter from Robert Thomson (Cancellations Administrator) RSK. They have relinquished their claim and sent me a copy of their letter to court. The letter starts: Having read Mrs Smart's defence notes, we have come to the conclusion that County Court Proceedings were brought erroneously etc. etc. The covering letter assured they will swallow all costs and that no further payment will be requested of me at any time.

I think I'll frame it! Thanks for supporting me throughout.