Samara James - Faulty Ring

claydontoby92

Jul 28, 2017
Good Morning,

First of all this is my first post, in what seems an excellent forum.

In October 2016, I purchased an engagement ring from the retailer 'Samara James' first impressions were very good 7 reassuring, so I went through with the purchase.

Fast forward until June when I sent the ring back to them for resizing (It hadn't been worn yet!) and in July my fiancé started wearing the ring. However, this only lasted 4 days due to the diamond falling out of the casing whilst she was at work... Luckily she managed to find the diamond after a lengthy hunt.

I have spoken to Samara James & sent the ring back to them for 'inspection' I had a call yesterday from one of their sales managers, stating that the ring has been damaged which is what caused the diamond to fall out... surely after only 4 days of use/wear, the ring was not made well enough/not fit for purpose?

I am awaiting a reply from them, as they quoted me almost £1000 to repair the ring, which I think is absolutely atrocious.

I am not happy with the service from them, nor do I think the product is Fit for purpose, so I am seeking advice.

Kind Regards & Many Thanks,

Toby