Shower rusty after 2 years

globetrain

May 20, 2016
Hi
I bought an ex-display shower 2.5 years ago for my newly renovated home but did not move in and start using it until 6 months later. I live alone with no dependants or staying guests. About 8 months ago, I noticed 'black' spots appearing in the runner area where the doors sit. These eventually worsened and now it is very apparent that it is rust, on mass.

I ask the shop where I bought the shower from for advice and they insisted that they could not help me as my warranty with them was only for 12 months, plus the shower was ex display - 'sold as seen' and was not identifiable. They have a record of my purchase but it just states 'ex display quadrant 900mm'. The shop manager informed me that he couldn't trace the manufacturer for this reason and even if he could the shower may have been discontinued or the company has gone out of business.

He told me that he couldn't even advise on a replacement part or how to fix it as he has never heard of this issue before. He could only offer me a replacement shower at full cost for both shower and installation.

Please would you advise on what I can do to resolve this problem? I believe I may be looking at paying out for another shower plus fitting plus any damage or replacement tiles that may occur when the rusty version is remove.

Many thanks.