Sony Vaio still under warranty but barely useable.

imanuela

Jun 20, 2014
Hello,

Bought a Sony Vaio November 2013 (+ 3 years warranty) in May 6 months on, the hinge broke, phoned Sony (no biggie right - under warranty?) but they claimed it was my fault so not covered.

Then my wireless connection starts playing up, very faint signal and choppy connection, contact Sony again who give me a long list of technical tasks to do including wiping my system, asked me to carry out the same tasks in a different order and offer me a wireless adapter to 'boost my signal.'

Now my sound's erratic - stops working at random .

So I've asked Sony for my money back but I'm told I need to contact the vendor (which I have but no response yet) but just wanted to know

a) how would I go about getting a refund or a replacement (I don't want a SONY ever again)
b) Since I've had the laptop now for 7 months what are my chances of getting a full refund back also bearing in mind the hinges are broken??? Did I mention it invalidates the warranty if you don't use Sony for repairs?
c) Also if Sony is offering me a wireless adapter doesn't it imply their product i not fit for purpose - I bought it to use the internet.

Thanks,