STAPLES..Acer Laptop

scooby2015

Sep 13, 2015
I took my 10 month old ACER laptop back to STAPlES after it developed a network card fault..

When the sales advisor told me it would have to be sent to ACER to have anew card installed I told him to tell them under no circumstances must anything be removed from my desktop! It contained everything I need to be able to go to work (I work in telecoms Industry). He duelly rang them and told them this.

On receiving my laptop back when I visited the store I realised Acer had reset it back to factory settings and I had lost all my work, invoices, cerificates and commissioning docs, emails , etc!! the list goes on.. When I handed the laptop over I was never asked to sign terms and conditions or a disclaimer to say they could do this.. I left my laptop in their capable hands!!

STAPLES have admitted they are at fault because the sales advisor should have asked me sign the back of the work sheet but are only prepared to offer a £50 gift card..

When the error was discovered , Staples offered to try and retrieve all my work by doing a system restore so they kept my laptop instore for a further 4 days meaning I was unable to work for that duration!.

Because they offered me a £50 voucher they told me I had to deal with customer service myself as there was nothing else they could do!!

My laptop is sill in Staples and is on day 6 of trying to get the software back but I have been told this is impossible as it has been factory reset.

I have rung customer service and they say the fault lies with me as I never backed up my data!.. Yet they never got me to sign the form to give them permission to do this!!!

All I am asking is compensation for the days I have been unable to work as I feel the fault is down to them

PLEASE HELP!!!!