Stupid question about life insurance

mowareking

Apr 20, 2013
Hi all,

This is going to sound like a silly question. I am thinking of taking out life insurance but not telling anyone about it. The question I have is, if I was to die, would the life insurance be paid out or would I need to inform someone I have life insurance and then for that person to make a claim?

Apologies if I sound a bit silly. I would appreciate any help and thanks in advance.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
The insurance company would have to be informed of your death as they have no other way of knowing, however, you could leave the details of the insurance with your will or leave notice with a solicitor to be opened in the event of your death, of course, someone would need to know which solicitor to contact but you wouldn't have to tell them why.

NicolaT

May 16, 2013
www.careandcompare.com
Your estate would need to contact the life insurance company, so would have to tell someone about the policy. You could also instruct a solicitor instead who would hold your will and policy and deal with probate on your behalf on death, but again someone would have to notify the solicitor of your death, so you would have to tell someone