Tesco Laptop broken

Jennwolfe

Dec 2, 2013
So I brought an Acer Aspire from our local Tesco in April... so it should be under guarentee, but apparently isn't because it's software not hardware. It won't load up at all. Just shows a gray screen. I don't have a recovery disc or anything for it - as didn't come with one.

I phoned up Acer who said it must be a wrong version of windows (as no way at only £164, could it be a legitamate version. Yet, it's the version my laptop came with... and I was told by the tesco sales guy, it was up and running and ready for use with microsoft package etc already built in!! Seemed a great deal.

Acer have told me I'll have to pay £131 for the new version of windows --- but my laptop only cost me a little bit more then that!!!

Tesco and Acer are not willing to help --- my laptop should be under gaurentee, my brother being very good at laptops has backed up harddrive for me by using his own acer laptop... but he has no idea how to fix my laptop.

I feel really ripped off by Tesco!!!

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Fit for purpose....thats what SOGA says, if you bought the laptop with Windows installed (and I'd be very surprised if Tesco installed software, let alone dodgy versions) then it should do what it is supposed to do. No need to deal with Acer, it's up to Tesco to sort it. Incidentally, software is also covered by SOGA