Tesco phone repair

Splade666

Aug 27, 2014
Hi there,

Just thought i would share my experience with tesco mobile phone repair with you all. Firstly i have always had a good experuence in dealing with tesco mobile in the past and have had numerous calls about changing numbers and contracts and for everything before this i cant fault them. That being said heres my story.

My wife got a new contract phone, a galaxy s4 which i am currently using, and everything was fine until she took my son for a bath one night and he managed to kick her phone out of her pocket and into the bath. As i am a little tech savvy when she brought the phone down i took it to bit and left it to dry for a couple of days. When i put it back together everything worked fine until she tried to charge it. And that was the only thing wrong with the phone is that it would not take a charge.

I phoned tesco mobile to get it repaired. Explained my story so far and sent it off for repair expecting a moderate bill for the repair.

After 2 days i was contacted by the repair company who wanted to charge me 200 pound to repair the phone and said that it would not be a guarenteed repair due to the extent of the damage. I told them to send me the phone back as i would attempt the repair myself. I was then asked if i was sure as it was a difficult repair.

After receiving the phone back and taking it to bits again i decided to check for the parts online. The part that contains the charging port cost around 7 pound and i was reasonably sure that this was the problem. I ordered the part, it came, i fitted it and boom the phone works perfectly and i just saved 193 pound.

I am actually quite disgusted that i was quoted 200 pound for a 7 pound part. My only hope in posting this story is to try and make other people aware that whatever company tesco mobile use for their repairs are absolute scam artists and probobaly have no idea what is wrong with your mobile phone when it comes to them and just try to sell you the most expensive part for the phone so they can make money.

Hopefully anyobe who reads this and is asked to pay an extortionate amount thinks twice and gets there phone sent back to them. Im sure even a high st repair shop would have more of an idea than the complete idiots you have to deal with on the phone.

Thanks

jimbotech

Oct 13, 2015
Yeah had some bad dealings myself with Tesco! Stay away! Good on you for fixing it yourself, many wouldnt and would have been ripped off.