Tricked into taking out mobile contracts

Tracyhhblue

Sep 7, 2014
Mine and my husbands mobile contracts had expired and we were frustrated at not being able to use them at home because of the poor signal. We rang Vodafone to cancel but told them if they would give us a signal booster box, we would stay with them. They refused and we we're put through to the cancellation team. The cancellation team then told us that not only could he give us a signal booster box for free, he could also do us a better deal on our contracts. I agreed on the basis they were giving us a free signal booster box.
The 'change your mind' period expired and the box still didn't arrive.
They are now saying we were not promised the box.
The call will have been recorded - they are saying they have listened to the call and I wasn't promised a box. I was.
Advice would be welcome as I have been tricked.

kay 22

Sep 10, 2014
hi just reading this and its appaling
I had a similar problem with bt actually and eventualy I threatened to leave, and to go to a solicitor,so they relented and sent me the box and they also refunded the cost of calls as we rang from a mobile,
also we are with vodaphone and I know they record all calls so if I was you id call and ask them for a manager call back and if you do not receive one in 24 hours id call and keep calling until u get a manager failing that you can write or email there head office ,tell them you are a valued customer and you require to be treated like one
im sure once a manager has heard the full story there will be some way round it
the only other option you have is to go into some were like carphone warehouse or phones 4 u and they will give u a brand new phone and contracts and they buy your old contract so in theory there cancelling it with vodaphone and paying of the termination fees for you as a incentive for you taking out a new deal through them
my friend did thi a few weeks ago and had everything paid and erminated and now has the latest phine and is out of the contract with vodaphone
I hope this all helps you
good luck x