Under Warranty Mitsubishi Warrior repair

Luckjockey

Dec 21, 2011
Hi,
In Feb 2010 I bought a brand new Mitsubishi Warrior for £28,000. To date it has had a list as long as your arm of faults that have been rectified under the warranty bar one. About 6 months ago the drivers air bag warning light appeared indicating a fault and the vehicle went in 3 times to be diagnosed/repaired. On the fourth visit Mitsubishi replaced the complete wiring loom but to no avail. The fifth time it went in the passengers pre tentioner on the seat belt was replaced, this was ten days ago but, guess what, the warning light has came back on yesterday. I have reported this to Mitsubishi today who say they want it back in for another examination. Where do I draw the line with this? The vehicle is not even 2 years old, I have been driving round with no air bag for the best part of six months and I am absolutely at the end of the line with the vehicle. They obviously cannot fix it, we are all going round in circles and I am having to take lots of time off work etc in order to arrange collection/delivery. Has anyone been in a similar situation and can lend some advice? There is no finance on the vehicle but, I cannot sell it in this condition either.:mad:

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
Luckjockey

I know how you feel. 5 years ago I bought a brand new Mazda 6 TS2. Within a few weeks it started to have problems and was in and out of the garage. One problem concerned brake failure. I eventualy parked it on my drive and left it there and notified the dealer i was rejecting it. After 8 months and just before I filed court papers they replaced it with a brand new model (new one got wrote off in a four car pile up 12 months later!). I can confirm that I did not buy a Mazda again or ever will! As a company they were exceptionally poor.

In your case, if they cannot solve the issues and it sounds as if they are also saftey issues I would look at obtaining an independant report such as from Vehicle Inspections and inform the dealer that you want to reject the vehicle because of the faults.

Rejection normally has to take place quite soon if you want a full refund but you can still reject it and rescind the contract. They take back the vehicle and deduct the benfit you have had from it since you bought it. You could also claim compensation for your costs which you should keep records of such as lost days etc. The law states that if something is faulty the repair should not take an unreasonable amount of time or cause unreasonable inconvinience.

If they won't agree you could take them to court. You have to think what an impartial person would think about the situation.

Hope you have some luck and get it sorted.