Unsolicited goods

VitalOD

Jun 12, 2014
Hi there, about 2 months ago i ordered something over the internet and ten of them turned up. I was advised i could treat these and unsolicited goods / unconditional gifts. Now the company is emailing me asking me to get in touch so they can arrange with the suppliers to come and pick them up.

I checked the terms and conditions from the company i paid my money to and there's in there nothing about over shipped goods. But heres the thing, the items didn't come from them , they came from another supplier who state in their terms and conditions that all items shipped remain their property until full payment is received. But when i paid for the item it wasn't to the supplier it was to the first company. It also says they reserve the right to collect any unpaid goods from a third party (im guessing thats me) with the third parties permission.

in the last week they have sent me 2 emails asking me to confirm i got an over shipment so they can arrange with the supplier to have them picked up.

Im certainly no expert but the way i see it im bound by the terms and conditions of the company i paid the money to and they are bound by the terms and conditions to their suppliers.

I was wondering where i stand with this situation especially as i got the shipment 2 months ago.

Thanks in advance