WARNING! ONE.COM domain provider

hip999

Jun 18, 2013
I was sent an e-mail from ONE.COM on 20th May 2013 telling me a domain I bought the previous year for £1.80 was being automatically renewed for £26 on the 17th June 2013. I replied immediately the same day (20th May) to cancel it. But One.com says that I gave them only 29 days notice and not 30 days. They are ignoring the fact they only notified me 29 days before? (Their error or on purpose? You decide!).
Now they say they will keep adding £10 frequently as a "reminder fee".
I have no intentions of being bullied by them, even though they threaten to use "Danish Law" (is that because it helps swindling bullies?* You decide.)
And why the increase in fee? I only used it to send a few e-mails.
IS THIS A CLASSIC RIP-OFF FOR THE BRITISH CONSUMER? You decide!
BE WARNED AND STAY AWAY FROM ONE.COM
* Not that I am saying one.com are "swindling bullies" of course; I leave that to your own opinions.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Keep all the documentation they send, make sure they can't access your bank account then ignore them. If they start to use a debt collector to chase you, complain to the OFT.

hip999

Jun 18, 2013
UPDATE (19th June 2013): One.com cancelled my charges THEY SAID I owed them. It was obviously because of the reviews I wrote on various sites. They must respect and be scared of negative reviews, so I suggest the following to them:
1. Treat your customers with respect. You tried to bully me but chose the wrong guy. I told you that but you ignored me. Other unfortunate customers of yours were threatened with debt agencies (by you!) and were scared; but I am not scared of you and would have taken you to the European Courts. Every Goliath only needs one David.
2. Do not write "No strings attached! You are free to cancel your subscription anytime, should you wish to do so." if you DO NOT mean it.
3. Change the rating and comment you say Trustpilot gives you .. it is wrong and i have told you already. You do NOT have 4 stars and you are not rated as "Good Service" (not at the time I write this).
4 Think about your business model. My perception of you is a sleazy, third-world, corrupt and scamming business. (Not saying you are ... just my perception!)
5. Read the reviews you have on other review sites; they are pretty dreadful.
And can I ask any other person who has hassles from one.com to write a review here and also not to be bullied. If there is one bad thing about this world it is the big boys trying to squash the little guys. Bullies are cowards.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
It's a very common business model in this industry that you need to watch out for - 1and1, fasthosts etc all offer heavy discounts in year 1 and then ramp them up in the following years.