washing machine & dishwasher. Fit for purpose???

debbiefudge

May 1, 2011
Hi, I am new on here looking for advice on my rights.

6 days ago, I took delivery of a Haier black, washing machine and slimline dishwasher.
I bought them from an online electrical company. laskeys. As they did me a good deal for both.
I paid by Paypal.

However, having used them both. I find they are very unsuitable.
Can I return them. I'm happy to buy another washing machine from them, of better quality.

They are both, cheap and nasty!!
I'm not sure they are 'fit for purpose'???

The washing machine, leaves soap powder in the drawer and also 'throws' some into the fabric conditioner section, which is in the middle. So, soap powder ends up in the rinse water. Which is very annoying! And means you then have to re-rinse all the washing, having first removed all the soap powder left in the drawer!!
Also, the only programme you can use the 1400 spin speed on, is one of the longest programmes. So you use more electricity and water!
Otherwise, you have to re-spin all the washing. Adding more time, water and electricity.

The Dishwasher. Also, you have to use the longest programme to get it to dry the dish's. All other programmes, don't dry. They leave the dish's soaking wet, so you then have to dry the dish's with a tea towel. Which defeats the object of having a dishwasher!!

I choose the Dishwasher first as I wanted black and slimline and it was the only one they sell. So, I then choose a matching washing machine.

Can I return them for a refund? Can they charge me for collection?
Although, if I buy a different washing machine from them, they could collect when they deliver?

I have emailed them today. Outlining all these issues.
I need to know my rights for when they reply.
I am within the 7 day cooling off period.
But, I have had to use them, in order to discover these problems.
Does that affect my rights.
And the poor quality and bad design?

There were no reviews on their website for either machine.
I have now left my own review, telling others not to buy them.

Thankyou in advance.

aikencdev

Jul 19, 2021
For the excellent company Begin with the internet site, the customer service over the cell phone, to the detailed care they deliver in your presence