What is considered 'reasonable time' for repair

Louise8

Jul 11, 2013
To try and cut a long story short, I purchased a hoover (AEG) from Currys in January 2013, a fault has developed and I tried to ask for my money back but have been told it MUST be repaired first!! The hoover has now gone in for repair (1 week and 2 days ago). I am a family of 5, with a cat and my daughter suffers from eczema and I need to hoover regularly! I have telephoned the repair company today and they have said that the hoover parts have been replaced and it is still not working properly so they are waiting to hear from their technical support department and perhaps even more parts need to be ordered so are not definite on a timescale for when I will get the hoover back!!. I have also spoken to Currys and they say that the repair company have up to 28 days to repair the hoover!! Is this expected of customers to be without appliances for this period of time if anything develops a fault!! Surely not!! I would really appreciate some helpful advice please. :(

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Louise, it's not defined, but you shouldn't be inconvenienced. You should ask for a loan hoover while yours is being fixed. It's more than reasonable given your circumstances.