Wrong xbox sent

muppet150

Nov 14, 2013
I hope this is the right place to post this but im new to this. I ordered an xbox 360 from Asda and when I received it, it didn't match the one I ordered online. After 2 weeks of me trying to get them to collect and change, I get an email saying that they never stocked that item and the web page has been amended. I looked again and the only thing that's changed is sold out, the picture is still the same. Do I have any rights to get them to swop this for the item I originally ordered? Surely this is false advertising?

Thx

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
They can't advertise something then sell something different to what they have advertised, the Sale of Goods Act is quite specific about this. Write a letters of complaint to their head office. In the meantime print off the page from their website and keep any correspondence, email or otherwise, you have from them including your confirmation of order.

muppet150

Nov 14, 2013
Thank you for your reply. I though as much. I've sent an email to the CEO regarding this and how poorly ive been treated. Ive also got screen shots of the item etc so I think I will email trading standards about this. Thanks again :)