Xoom tablet reboot problem

tabletwoman

May 4, 2013
Hi
I have a 16 month old Motorola Xoom tablet which has been fine until two weeks ago when it started giving problems when switching it on or off. It gives an error message and after searching various Forums I have taken their advice and attempted 'soft' reboots and 'hard' reboots and also tried many times with a 'restore' to original condition.
It can be started but only with the rebooting methods and not in the proper manner.
My searching has revealed that there are hundreds of owners having this same problem but with varying degrees of success in rebooting.
I am now really fed-up with this expensive Xoom tablet and wondered if you could explain what my rights are.
I have looked for a direct email to Motorola but it doesn't exist and instead they take you all over their website which I find very annoying.
Thanks

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi,
You're point of call is the supplier, not the manufacturer (unless you purchased it directly?).
If it's a manufacturing fault, it should be replaced without hassle.
Otherwise, this is a matter for S.14 of the Sale of Goods Act, namely 'Durability' and 'Sarisfactory Quality'. If the tablet is not reasonably expected to develop a fault within 16 months, taking into account all relevant circumstances, or of it is reasonably expected to last longer than 16 months:
Then you have a claim.

The relevant circumstances include things like; the price, product claims, anything you've been told about it (by salespersons) and so on...

Take your complaint to the supplier requesting either; a partial refund, repair or replacement.

(Unless it's a manufacturing fault, whereby you can claim a full refund, repair or replacement).

tabletwoman

May 4, 2013
Hi,
You're point of call is the supplier, not the manufacturer (unless you purchased it directly?).
If it's a manufacturing fault, it should be replaced without hassle.
Otherwise, this is a matter for S.14 of the Sale of Goods Act, namely 'Durability' and 'Sarisfactory Quality'. If the tablet is not reasonably expected to develop a fault within 16 months, taking into account all relevant circumstances, or of it is reasonably expected to last longer than 16 months:
Then you have a claim.

The relevant circumstances include things like; the price, product claims, anything you've been told about it (by salespersons) and so on...

Take your complaint to the supplier requesting either; a partial refund, repair or replacement.

(Unless it's a manufacturing fault, whereby you can claim a full refund, repair or replacement).
ALewis
Thank you for this.
We took your advice and Currys Customer Services have offered us £240 of the £319 we paid 16 months ago.
Much appreciated and once again many thanks for your help.