Floors to go Mis Selling

scottbateman

Aug 8, 2009
My wife and I recently bought £1000 worth of wood flooring based on the sales person telling us at the point of sale that we would have at least one 1800mm long board in each pack. She also said that we should buy from floors to go because they have 1800mm boards and the local competition do not. 1800mm boards are important as we have a long room. When the 29sq m arrived at the shop there was not one 1800mm board in 18 packs with the longest being 1600mm the rest being smaller. We have asked for a refund but they say it is not there problem and blame the manufacturer. They also say they have no liability to provide a refund as the reciept says that they are "Random Laquered lengths". the box does state that the boxes have sizes 400mm to 1800mm but they do not say that there maybe a risk that you don't get any longer lengths.Surely this is mis selling at the point of sale? What can I do to get my money back?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
You are protected by your statutory rights. In the first instance I would escalate to Head Office and hopefully that will resolve you complaint. Let us know how you get on. The problem you have may have if that doesn't work will be proving what the shop assistant said - were there witnesses?

scottbateman

Aug 8, 2009
Hi Tony,we have been through the three managers at the store, 5 different people at head office, the Opps director and finally yesterday the stand in area sales manager. They have opened all of the 19 boxes at the store without me asking them to do that and have found zero 1800mm boards. They have even said that they spoke with the manfucturer yesterday and told them there boxes and literature are misleading and that they will be sending a note round to all the sales team to tell them not to say there will be 1800mm boards. However, they still wont give us our money back as their legal team say that the reciept is the T&C's and it states random lengths and they are under no obligation to refund. I spoke with two other regional sales managers yesterday and they both said that they have opened 100's of those boxes and have yet to see a 1800 board. They all seem to admit ther is a problem with misleading information but say legally they don't have to refund

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
In that case you need to send them a letter stating that your statutory rights have been breached as the goods are not as described and you would like a full refund. What you were told about the 1800 boards is part of the contract and there seem to be enough people involved to make it difficult for them to deny. give them 14 days to respond and threten a small claim.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
In that case you need to send them a letter stating that your statutory rights have been breached as the goods are not as described and you would like a full refund. What you were told about the 1800 boards is part of the contract and there seem to be enough people involved to make it difficult for them to deny. give them 14 days to respond and threten a small claim.

goddessg

May 9, 2010
I am one of so many victims of FLOOR-2-GO' deception. They get people's money with false promises and once they got their hand on money they never bother to provide what they promised. A business based on deception lies and craft of conmen. they got 900pounds of my hard earned money and they never provided my goods just noticed of I was one of so many others..No goods No refund. Shockingly they are allowed to trade they are bunch of theives. Please contact me if you are also one their many victims I am planning to luanch a class action against them. They should be stopped robbing people! just email me

ChrisTallon

Jul 8, 2010
I have also become a victim of Floors2Go. Having purchased some solid wood flooring from Harlow, I was advised at point of sale that they would refund on any unopened boxes. They are now refusing to honour this and other stores are saying that this can only be returned to the store from which it was purchased. On top of that, having ordered from Harlow and advised that the flooring was required by a certain date for the builders, the flooring did not arrive and I was eventually told that there was some in Basildon but I would have to get it myself. Having got there, it transpired that the boxes are 8ft long and therefore wouldn't fit in the car and I had to pay £50 to a courier to deliver them. Someone from customer service at Harlow (ha - that's a joke) rang to ask whether I had been satisfied with the service to which I replied that I was not and explained why. She advised that she would send me a cheque for £50 by way of refund of the courier fee. This cheque never arrived and so I called and was told by the manager, Rob, that he ' had had words' with the member of staff, that she should never have offerred it and that he was not going to honour it. I am less concerned about this than the fact that I now have a box of American Black Walnut flooring taking up valuable space worth £160 which they are refusing to refund. I cannot seem to find a number for HO or Operations manager as this is not on their site. I have now doubt that with the way they deal with customers they will be in receivership very shortly but hopefully not before I get my money back! Any advice gratefully received! Christine (London)

Floors2gone

Jul 8, 2010
Christine

Need to get in quick as Topps Tiles staff were putting it around that the company is about to go bust.

Not the best company to deal with as I have taken them legal myself.

Helpful numbers :-

0121-359-0234 (Head Office - owners Richard and Robert Hodges but they never take ur call

0121-380-5004 - in house legal David Vissur - he is very busy and we know why !

0121-380-5024 Parjinder Sangha is something to do with finance as he issues the cheques - think he is accounts clerk.

Hope this helps.

ChrisTallon

Jul 8, 2010
Result!!! I called the lawyer (the number you gave was his direct dial number!) who was very helpful and promised to look into it and call back. He duly did as promised this morning and said he did not understand why the manager was refusing the refund but that he will now be refunding. He also very helpfully gave me his and the area managers numbers in case there is any problem in store when I go tomorrow! Lets see what happens tomorrow!:eek:

scottbateman

Aug 8, 2009
All, F2G agreed through court mediation to give me back £850 of my £950 by June 10th. I have still yet to recieve the cheque and will now be going ahead with court action. Don't believe what that legal guy has promised as he was the one that agreed the compensation.

ChrisTallon

Jul 8, 2010
I called on the Saturday morning just to double check that the store were expecting me (with the excess flooring) and lo and behold was advised by the store manager that he knew nothing about it! I told him to call his area manager (whose number had been provided to me by the lawyer) and told him that if I didn't get a satisfactory response (i.e that I would turn up with the good and he would give me the money) I would be issuing in the small claims court on Monday! He tried to say I couldn't do that but backed off when I responded with " I'm a lawyer so just watch me!" Goods returned (not a word was spoken in store and sadly no customers for me to put off buying!) and my account recredited!

Good luck - Just issue the claim form (county court small claims court)!

pauls550

Dec 23, 2010
Im having a spot of trouble with Floors to Go..

I needed some floor for a new room, that was leading on from an existing room already laid with oak from B&Q. The B&Q floor is approximately 123mm wide and all I could find from other retailers was 125mm.

At almost 8pm on a friday night, the manager at the Cambridge branch convinced me that his 125mm planks would be fine as they usually came up narrower.. so I purchased £450 worth and took it home.

It was imediately obvious once I got home that within 3 or 4 planks wide it was going to be running out of line.. so by 10am the next morning I had returned with the boxes... only to be told no refunds.

The manager filled out a refund request form which has since been rejected by the area manager and teh area director.. anyone know if I stand any chance of a refund through the courts? I have tried contacting my CC but they seem unable to help.

many thank!

stephen1059

Aug 11, 2011
about two days ago i went to the floors to go store and gave the guy the measurements of my kitchen, he then advised me how many packs i would need. i said to him what if i dont use them all and he said no problem just bring them back, so when i took back three packs today he said he would only refund one pack and give me a credit for the other two, i told him that i was not having that and he pointed out that this was store policy and that it was printed by the till so after phoning head office and the regional manager i knew that they were not going to give in, so i got my refund on one and swapped my other two packs for a different colour and am going to use them on a small room that i did not really need to do, anyway customer service is a joke and i will never purchase from them again basically they stole my money and forced me to purchase from them when i did not need to, they should change the name to ( floors to go and dont bring it back)

Where'sthejustice?

Aug 31, 2011
Liquidation - stores closed - so Floors2go carry on trading!

My sister placed an order for a new laminate floor during May 2011. This was due to be laid today, Weds 31st August. However, last week, the store she bought from (Nottm2) was closed as the company went into liquidation. Despite phone calls to HQ and a store that *might* have processed the order (Ilkeston) she has been told that, as the company is really only a trading name, and NOT a company, they are now liable for orders placed before mid-June 2011. However, it is interesting that the ex-manager of the closed store in Nottm now heads-up the Ilkeston store, so it seems that whilst they might not be a company, they share and possibly redeploy staff?

My sister has been advised to approach Senate Recovery Assistance to see if she can receive any monies back: she spent around £865 with the original, unfulfilled order.

I'd be very interested if anybody else has any observations on this matter or if, like my sister, you, too, are out of pocket?

My sister is now in the process of "starting again" and finding another supplier for flooring: needless to say, she WON'T return to Floor2go ever again.

Thanx for reading

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
The Floor-to-go website is actually a trading name of Nixon and Hope Limited which has only been trading since 10/8/2011. A director of this company Mr Sangha is also a director of Floors-to-go ltd which was incorporated on 14/8/2008 but has filed dormant accounts and is on default and will be struck off in 3 months. This company has 2 CCJ's against it for over £2K

There is another company (amongst many of the same Floors-to-go names ) called Floors-to-go Card Handling Services. This company has been active since 6/10/2004 and is now in Liquidation since 2009. The company secretery Mr D J Vizor is company secretary to Nixon and Hope.

I would check exactly which company you are dealing with. You need to find the company registration number to make sure you are dealing with correct company.

I personally would not deal with any of Floor-to-go brand

ihatefloors2go

Sep 2, 2011
Re: Floors2go Mis Selling

Floors2go is a fraudulent scamming "company" - why have they been allowed to go in to administration 3 times in the last few years?!?!

August 2011... another "pre pack administration" meaning that the fraudulent floors2go directors have already offered to buy out floors2go even before it goes in to administration with the sole purpose of cutting all the money off that it owes!

So who loses out? Suppliers, customers and staff... but the floors2go directors will be fine... they all own the company again and can carry on as normal... scamming other customers in to buying their sub-standard rubbish.

Floors2go are bad news and the directors should be banned from being directors. Their conduct with floors2go (and one can only assume the other businesses they run) is appalling. I will personally be reporting them all for their conduct. Somebody needs to!!

Floors2go are bad news, they need to be stopped.

ihatefloors2go

Sep 2, 2011
It's pure fruad from floors2go... they need to be investigated for this. I'm at a loss as to how they are getting away with another pre-pack administration!!! They knew they were going to do this months ago yet floors2go carried on racking up bills and taking orders!!

The Floor-to-go website is actually a trading name of Nixon and Hope Limited which has only been trading since 10/8/2011. A director of this company Mr Sangha is also a director of Floors-to-go ltd which was incorporated on 14/8/2008 but has filed dormant accounts and is on default and will be struck off in 3 months. This company has 2 CCJ's against it for over £2K

There is another company (amongst many of the same Floors-to-go names ) called Floors-to-go Card Handling Services. This company has been active since 6/10/2004 and is now in Liquidation since 2009. The company secretery Mr D J Vizor is company secretary to Nixon and Hope.

I would check exactly which company you are dealing with. You need to find the company registration number to make sure you are dealing with correct company.

I personally would not deal with any of Floor-to-go brand

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
Checking Nixon and Hope Limited the director Mr David John Vizor D.O.B 6/5/1955 has no previous directorships. This is mis-information as he six previous directorships which are either dissolved or in liquidation.

I need to contact Companies House when i have five minutes to ask them to amend the information.

The whole Floor-to-go/Floors2go/F2Realisations/2FG/2FG Holdings/Smart Motive is a right bunch of worms and handing over any money prior to receiving goods is a risk you perhaps should not take.

belgarath

May 31, 2012
I also have a problem with Floors2Go.
My wife and I visited the store in Swansea and browsed the real wood flooring. When we were approached by a salesman, we asked a number of questions about the product we were interested in, 2 in particular.

1. were there likely to be any large knots, Answer "no, this is grade AB flooring"
2. Having seen other flooring on which wood filler had been used, we asked for confirmation that the product would not have any filler used on it. Answer "absolutely not on this grade of floor".

Grades are as follows.

AB is also known as Prime. This is the highest of grading and is cut from the centre of the log, is highly uniform, has very few knots, if there are knots they tend to be small and unobtrusive. Sap content is very low in each plank and colour variation is very minimal.

ABC is also known as Select Grade. Contains knots that sometimes can be as big as 20mm in size, has a higher sap content and does have slight colour variation, is slightly less uniform than Prime/AB flooring.

ABCD is also known as Natural Grade. This can be sometimes referred to as the run of the mill flooring. It can have knots up to the size of 30mm roughly, does have colour variations and sap content is higher. Some manufacturers of this grading of flooring use a filler on some planks due to them having holes which are natural.

Rustic Grade or Country Style. This flooring has more of colour variations, sap content is again higher then the other gradings of floors and the knots are also bigger in size. Has natural occurring holes like Natural Grading/ABCD flooring which are again sometimes filled by the manufacturer for a nice smooth.

We bought and paid for 24 boxes at a cost of £1600, and took a few boxes home with us.
Upon opening, we found that on the honey coloured oak flooring, approximately 15% of the boards had very dark brown (almost black) filler in areas as big as 11cm across, totally unacceptable.
We returned the packs to the store and requested a refund as the goods were "not as described" and were told "That is not going to happen".
Since then, I have written to the head office (by registered post) and sent an email. No reply received to either.
Store manager offered to open every box and replace all the filled boards with boards from other boxes. We decided to allow him to try.
After 3 weeks, went to the store and took home 6 boxes to examine. Result, fewer filled boards, but lots more with huge knots. Not what Grade AB is described as. The flooring is closer to Rustic Grade than anything else.
Paid for goods with credit card, so got them involved.
Six weeks later and the company has not replied to any of the letters sent by myself or the credit card company. I am now informed by CC company that as they have received no reply, I have to go to the expense of having the goods examined by an independant "expert". Where on earth do you find one of those? I now have to go and pick up the entire consignment and store it until I can find someone.
VERY VERY frustrating and the poorest customer service I have ever encountered.