Harveys Furniture Shambles

wiltshireman

Apr 1, 2015
Can I ask for the details as to whom you addressed your complaint too as im getting nowhere fast with my complaint about harveys.
You speak to your store where you bought it, they are your only port of call unless you take legal action.

wiltshireman

Apr 1, 2015
Yet another update to this saga.

Eventually the repair engineer arrived with a new motor BUT when he opened it up , you guessed it, it was the wrong one. Yet another almighty cock up only this time by the repair company. Problem now is yet another 2 month wait so back to the store in Swindon to complain. After several offers of recompense we agreed to a new settee (being delivered in a couple of weeks!) but this time a manual one, would never trust their motors again, and a £101.00 pound refund. Very disapointed to go back to manual but at least a motor will never fail again. The next time I want an electric riser I will not be going to Harveys but will look for a seat actually made in the UK by a UK company by UK people at least I would be able to drive to speak to someone which I can't now as their product is made in China! So, my advise to you all is to do just that after reading this sorry tale. I know a motor can fail at any quality but not to keep spares in the UK when they know that they fail and that their customers will only be angry shows what little Harveys think of their customers. as a tradesman I would soon go bankrupt if I treated my customers like this, I actually want repeat business, my longest customer has used me for just over 30 years and I would be horrified to think she was not happy with my work anymore and was going elsewhere. Come on Harveys BUCK UP YOUR IDEAS ABOUT CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS!

Perhaps we should all BACK BRITAIN a little more and not China or any other cheapo country. In future I will be asking just where any potential purchases are made before committing myself. I'M BACKING BRITAIN!

Last edited:

FurnitureGeek

May 1, 2015
Hi all

Wow, I did not realize that Harveys furniture was such a terrible company to deal with. I used to work in a furniture company and if our managers heard us speak to any of our customers like this I think they would get the sack.

The only advice i can pass forward to people that have been wronged by big companies like Harveys is to plaster bad reviews all over the internet.

- Google Plus Page
- Trusted Shops
- Review Centre
- Facebook
- Twitter
- UK Trust Pilot

Google+, Twitter and Facebook especially posting your experience with the company on these sites will make it hard for harveys furniture to ignore as a lot of people go onto these sites and if they see nothing but terrible reviews people will just look elsewhere.

KIR

Jun 7, 2015
Harveys sold my daughter a suite of furniture and a table and four chairs for her new home. After many delays they announced the furniture was due to arrived. She gave up her temporary accommodation and prepared to move in. To her disappointment the wrong suite arrived and I unfortunately signed for it. When my daughter saw the mistake she asked for a replacement. She was told by customer services it would take 10 more weeks. The table and chairs still has not arrived. Later she was told the correct suite may be in the warehouse. With confidence in the company shattered she tried to get them to remove the incorrect suite and cancel the entire order. They have not returned her calls as promised and her home has an unwanted suite taking up space. Customer services told her she could use the suite but thankfully she took advice from the a consumer advisor and was informed that this was a common ploy to prevent you cancelling the order. Living in her first new home has been a nightmare caused by this uncaring company. Their customer services is a joke. Be warned.

KIR

Jun 7, 2015
Having witnessed my daughter on the verge of a nervous breakdown due to her treatment by Harveys of Newry Co Down Northern Ireland I really wish I had read the comments on this forum before she had the misfortune to visit their store. I never realized that there was such a thing as corporate cruelty.

KIR

Jun 7, 2015
Harveys promised to ring me back re complaint.NOTt THAT I AM SURPRISED BUT THEY FAILED TO DO THIS. What a shower.