Just Engraved - no reply

Kate1979

Aug 13, 2009
Just Engraved

Hi
Ive made the same mistake and ordered all my cufflinks and gifts for my wedding which is a week on Saturday! I didnt even think to check out any forums but soooo wish I had!
After it came to the delivery date and we hadnt heard anything we started to look around which is when I found these posts. I cant believe they can get away with it!
Anyway I have contacted Pay pal today and raised a dispute, and within 10 minutes they have emailed me back to say we have a full refund.
So my advice to anyone that has paid through paypal would be to do the same.
I am so pleased they have dealt with it so quickly as now I can go elsewhere to get all my stuff for the wedding!
Good luck to everyone
x

coldpenguin

Aug 13, 2009
There appears to have been a new website put up, and company registered at the same address now as justengraved.co.uk was.
The owner is Martin Wallace.
Record for creating the domain name was March 20th 2009

diamondengravedgifts.com
Telephone. 0845 46730552

Has anyone had any luck with justengraved.co.uk?

bonseo

Aug 17, 2009
same problem

I too have had the same problem i ordered cufflinks for my boyfriends graduation and its been a month and still no contact. I contacted nonchex who im waiting for a reply from because 7 days has gone past and still no effort on just engraved's behalf. i have tryed ringing and suprise suprise no answer. Dont no how else im going to get my money back.
OMG they need naming and shaming.

Oby

Dunc

Aug 25, 2009
Oh bugger, in hindsight wish I had known about this when I placed my order for 3 sets of engraved cufflinks and an engraved pen & lighter set to be given as presents to my ushers at my wedding on the 4th September.

I placed an order totalling £63.96 on the 18th August, I was anxious that my good had still not arrived despite me receiving an e-mail late on the same day as I placed the order confirming that my goods had been dispatched via Royal Mail.

Concerned that it was now 7 days since they sent confirmation stating that my goods had been dispatched I sent them an e-mail asking for clairty of when I will receive my goods. No reply. Looked at their webite, found they had no telephone number, just a contact address and e-mail address at sales@just-engraved, this heightened my concerns so just happened to enter 'just engraved slough' into Google and this is when i came across this consumer forum.

I rang Consumer Direct via the number on Slough District Councils website, obtained a reference number and was told to e-mail the company in the strongest terms threatening them to supply the goods within a specified time or civil action will be taken under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 Act - i.e, The Law.

I have since filed a dispute claim with my credit card provider (i paid on my credit card via Paypal) - though I was advised that all Paypal will attempt to do to recover monies is to debit the account in which the monies were paid into, but whats to say that the busines owner hasn't taken my money that was deposited in there leaving no funds available. So I will keep in touch with my bank.

I have given just-engraved until midday on Friday 21st August to deliver my goods in excellent condition and for the engraving to be as specified.

I am a person who WILL take matters forward, i have taken action before on companies who have failed to deliver (namely Flymo, who ended up giving me a brand new lawnmower for free).

I am so sorry to read about everyone else complaints, hindsight is a wonderful think, but who thinks to do some background investigation work on a company before they place an order?...I doubt many do, and they shouldn't have to.

Can't see me getting my goods, annoyed is the politest thing I can say I am at the moment.

Dunc
Rugby, Warwickshire

Dunc

Aug 25, 2009
Since posting my comments, low and behold I too get an e-mail from Martin at just-engraved.

He tells me that the reason for him not responding to my previous e-mails had been filtered as spam, though the one I sent (the one threatening civil legal action) gets through okay and he responds to that....Hmmm, please excuse me if I don't believe a word he says.

So I have again advised him that my complaint stems from non-receipt of goods despite him sending my confirmation on the 18th August that they had been dispatched. I have again threatened civil action and advised him that I am very disappointed to read about his business practices.

I won't be holding my breath awaiting the goods, there is a chance he may fulfill his promise to deliver by the end of the week, so that's what i will give him....if not, let the bongo begin and I will take pure delight in following this up.

All I can suggest to anyone who has a complaint to stick with it...write a very strongly worded e-mail (don't make personal insults or swear, mind). He will respond.

scully123

Aug 26, 2009
I am currently having the same problems with just engraved, my wedding is this saturday and i am waiting on gifts, i did receive my order but 4 items were wrong, i have been emailing martin ever since , i did get one email last week promising that i would receive them by friday, i never, i must have sent about 15 emails each one i am getting more frustrated. i did send a email this morning informing him that i would contact the police about his business practises and like you he sent me an email back stating that he will check with royal mail and try and track my order. i said i didn't even think he had sent it and i expect to receive it tomorrow!!!, i did contact the police in slough and they informed me they are also trading as diamondsengraved from the same address,TS are also investigating, but after seeing all the complaints they don't seem to be acting quick enough as he is still receiving orders

engravedgiftideas

Aug 26, 2009
Hi All,

We are engravedgiftideas.com I see we have been mentioned a few times on this thread.

We are not a part of, nor have an affiliation with Just Engraved; we are a totally separate company based in Stratford upon Avon.

As previously discussed some of you have contacted us to see if we can help you and I just wanted to let everyone know that yes; we can help!

We will supply your gifts (the same or similar) and give you a 50% discount on our already competitive prices!

Please call in and speak to Clare who will give you a voucher code to use online.

If you require gifts urgently due to a wait you have experienced by ordering through Just Engraved, please let Clare know and we will push it through for you :D

Hopefully speak to some of you soon!

Engravedgiftideas.com

Dunc

Aug 25, 2009
Well, totally shocked my order arrived this morning, in fairness it was very well packaged and the goods were nicely engraved, I have to admit to be pleasantly surprised, but with a little worry that perhaps I have only received them as a result of sending an e-mail threatening civil action.

But what surprised me most was the fact that that good were posted from Poland (the postage mark was Polska !).

I now have no dispite with the company, the goods are of excellent quality and the engraving is nice if only delivered later than I expected.

Do not hesitate to follow any missed orders up, I did with a well worded strong e-mail and I have got a result out of it which has meant that I don't have to go scurrying round the shops at the weekend looking for alternative gifts a few days before our wedding.

Chezza

Dec 1, 2009
Hi, I have had the same issue with this company - DO NOT USE THEM. I ordered 2 engraved photo frames over a month ago and after not receiving them, I contacted the company by email and their website 6 or more times. I had no contact from them at all. After reading other messages on this issue I emailed them a less than polite message telling them they had breached the terms and conditions on their website so I was contacting the police and had already contacted my credit card company and trading standards. Within 1 hour of sending that email, I have had a response back from them saying they have refunded my money. It was on credit card, so will check in a couple of days to see if this is the case. If you want a response back from them get tough in your email - threaten the police, it seems to get them answering. Will post if I receive money back. Con artists with a website.

Catherine

Mar 11, 2010
Just Engraved - rubbish!

I would advise anyone NOT to use this website. I ordered a keyring from them on 8 Dec 09 as a Xmas present for my Dad. It arrived but engraving incorrect.
Despite several e mails to them and replies promising a replacement it has not arrived.
Now trying to get money back from c-card.
Also, though the website address is .co.uk they are based in Poland - a little misleading for me as I only use UK based website companies.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Sorry, this is probably a really dumb question but how can they host a site from Poland but have it as a co.uk domain? Can anybody explain to me please? Thanks. Anyway, good luck and I hope you do manage to get your money back.

Renee

Apr 6, 2010
I have also placed an order with this company for my Dad's 60th which was the 14th of March and despite several e-mails I have not received the gift or a reply. Following the advice on here I have spoken to my bank and they are in the process of tracing the payment and contacting Just engraved's bank.

It's sad because I really wanted the gift not a refund but I'm not going to let this go - I work for a firm of solicitors and I intend to take action to stop this from happening to anyone else!

Renee

Renee

Apr 6, 2010
Re: Just Engraved - no reply - Update

After my complaint I have finally received a reply saying "Status Update - refunded" lets wait and see if refund arrives ......

Cheekymonkey

Apr 16, 2010
Hi,
I don't know if any of you have tried this bloke-

martin wallace
118 windmill road
slough
berks
SL1 3SW
United Kingdom

This is the bloke that the company is registered to,
if you haven't tried it might be worth writing to him,
meanwhile I'll try to find his phone number for you.

Can't get phone number , he's ex directory.

Last edited:

arthursprayer

May 4, 2010
Matlock, Derbyshire
I'm another one of those poor unfortunates who wishes they had looked at this site before placing an order.

Ordered Cufflinks in Feb for our wedding, after chasing numerous times without a response, was finally told that they could not get the boxes in so was best for them to refund - that was over two weeks ago. Have sent a couple of messages but no reply.

I would seriously suggest people stay clear of them.

juju86

Jul 2, 2010
Hi,

I purchased a silver dolminoe's set engraved for my partner from 'Bump' (as I am pregnant) for fathers day. And guess what... Still not recieved. I emailed them to find out when it would arrive and I actually got a reply after my 2nd email sent from someone called 'Ula' Email stated my order would be here by last Wednesday, still nothing. After it wasn't recieved I emailed agin and suprisingly got another reply from 'Ula' stating they have had 9000 customers over 2 years, and that all engraving is done inhouse and that I should go and read their terms and Conditions!! I have still ot recieved my order and tried emailing to different email addresses I have for this 'Ula' at Just Engrave and now I am just getting Mail Delivery Failure so don't really know what to do now... Any ideas, or if anyone hears from them let me know! Im ready for the row lol

Kelly1

Oct 19, 2010
Re: Just Engraved - Awful!! DO NOT USE THEM

We are having similar problems with Just Engraved. We ordered a present for my sisters 21st birthday, we ordered in plenty of time and paid extra for the 5 day delivery to make sure it arrived on time. Her Birthday was October 4th and today we are still waiting! We have sent e-mail after e-mail as there doesn't seem to be any other way to contact them. The only response we have had is that they are looking into our order, that single response was over a week ago now. No apology or anything! And we have heard nothing since.

I have just contacted consumer Direct to see what we can do next as they took the money for the product from our account 3 days after we placed the order which was weeks ago!

I would just erge everyone to think twice before ordering from them.

warly

Oct 23, 2010
I'm currently in the same position, terrible communication and no sign of order 6 weeks after placing it. I have had sporadic conversations with Ula or Martin via email (only after I send pressure emails) and always being promised that order has been sent out blah blah blah! I had an email a week ago promising that the order would be sent recorded delivery and received within the week, no sign of it so I've requested a refund, which again has been promised. I however have no faith that will happen so am taking matters into my own hands and contacting my credit card to start chargeback proceedings. I have informed 'Martin' of this but haven't heard back yet! They only ever responded to my emails when I threatened to take my custom elsewhere. I have also reported them to Consumer Direct. One good thing has come of this though...I will ALWAYS review a website before buying anything in future!

fitzd6

Dec 13, 2010
Hi
wow I cant believe I brought from this site.......... parcel not received like many others, finally managed to get an email back from martin saying the order was despatched and he will look into it in the morning and get back to me !! yes you got it !! no response!
Then I managed to pin martin down and he promised he would send a replacement AND refund my money because he failed to respond to my mail!! haha what a laugh he also said he would forward me our convo in an email! GOOD JOB I COPIED AND PASTED THE WHOLE CONVO MYSELF!
Now Im not sure what I sould do as I paid by debit card and I dont think I have the protection of paypal or credit card.
I am just grateful my order was not massive I would be really gutted if it were alot of money I had lost...

Advise me please if any one has had any joy in getting a refund or reporting this company :mad: