Mystery Shopping

Lou_44

Jul 6, 2012
Re: Mystery Shopping: AVOID CONSUMER CONNECT LTD AND STEFEN ZUBAC!

Hi everyone,

Today I was almost the victim of fraud and could have lost a lot of money, so I wanted to post this message to warn everyone else out there.

I applied for a job as a secret shopper on gumtree to earn a little extra money. After I had applied via gumtree the company CONSUMER CONNECT Ltd sent me a text to fill out an online application form. The director of the company is STEFEN ZUBAC. All of this looked very legit and asked for the usual details- name, address etc. Once the form is filled out they email you to say if you've been successful after your "credit check". They then will email you with your secret shopper assignments and a bit about the company, once again looking professional and legit. They then proceed to tell you that the money for your first assignment is in the post and to call when you receive the letter. The first assignment is for Travelex to exchange your travellers cheques back into cash whilst scoring the assistant that serves you. The next day sure enough a letter arrived along with 2000 euros in travellers cheques, which was meant for your wages and money needed to buy the shopping. I then contacted Stefen Zubac to say it had arrived. He told me the assignemnt had changed slightly and that I was to pay the cheques directly into my bank account and to call when I had done so.

Here's the cunning part!

The cheques are fake. If they get paid into your bank account he will then ask you to transfer the money to his account. If the cheques are fake obviously the money isn't really in your account but you are able to send the 2000 euros any way. Meaning you have dealt with fraudulent travellers cheques and are now 2000 euros down having tansferred the money to the little rat.

Lucky for me the cashier at the bank recognised that they were fake and called Amex to double check this. I showed her the letter that was sent to me from the company and she said these types of letters are becoming more and more popular.

In a nutshell if you ever come across CONSUMER CONNECT LTD OR THE NAME STEFEN ZUBAC AVOID AT ALL COSTS! DO NOT GET INVOLVED UNLESS YOU ARE REPORTING HIM!

I googled his name and he comes up as "owning" three companies- Consumer Connect Ltd, SZ Media ltd and Datacr8 (this one no longer exists). A few different addresses come up too- one in London, one in Buckinghamshire and one in Brighton. Non of which match the address on the email he sent out...

I am usually switched on with fraud, ID theft and scams but this one got me. It all looked very legit from the start, which is why I went along with it. In hindsight I should have been suspicious about being paid up front and about not going in for an interview etc etc. So be careful!

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Thank you very much for the heads up Lou, seems we got a bank to thank for something this week!!!

Glad you sussed it out, thats a lot of money to lose and I wonder however they come up with these scams.

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
Thank you for this information Lou.

As a Mystery Shopper for 7 or more companies, I've never been asked to undertake a credit check, I would have been suspicious or worried at that point.

I hope you find the post dated 31st May that I put up with lots of links to Mystery Shopping companies ... I hope all of these are legit.

Lou_44

Jul 6, 2012
Looking back I was really silly to fall for this but at the time it all felt so real.

Now I will have to keep an eye on my bank accounts, credit rating etc. This person also has my address and phone number, although I haven't heard anything from him since he was under the impression that I had paid the cheques in. I'm guessing he knows he's been rumbled. This concerns me a little as well because he has my address. I really don't want him or anyone else linked to this scam to come over to my house!

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
I've just counted up, I've got 7 Mystery Shopping visits to do this month, on top of the one I've already done it will make me about £70. Not bad for just making a few detours during my normal shopping.

shwigityshwonshwei

Jul 10, 2012
Yeah, it's a nice little earner on the side, but it'd take a long time and a lot of dedication before you could land the well paid jobs.

My Father did it for a while when he was between jobs. Because he was in his 50s and had an impressive bank account and a knowledge about banking, shares, mortgages and what not he was always getting called up about very special jobs.

He's planning to go back to mystery shopping when he retires in a few years.

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
The problem with mystery shopping is that it is usually small amounts of money, not regular in that you can go for months without any mystery shopping and if you are on benefits it is all clawed back by the DWP accept for the £5 or £20 they allow you to keep.

If you are between jobs, it really is not worth doing. Our government punish people who try and work when they are on benefits, the current system creates a dependency on benefits, rather than rewarding those who try to find work.

Lou_44

Jul 6, 2012
Re: Mystery Shopping: be very wary of scams out there!

Hi everyone,

I posted on this forum about a month ago and I have an update of the situation.

Originally I thought I was being scammed by a company called Consumer Connect ltd with a manager called Stefen Zubac. However, recently it has been bought to my attention that the scammers have used this business for fraudulent activity as well. They basically used a legit, trustworthy and reliable company that deals with email marketing, telemarketing etc so that I would (unintentionally) tarnish their name. The legit company is also called Consumer Connect and has a director called Stefen Zubac. But clearly in this instance they have also been victims of fraud and have played no part in trying to scam me.

old_mother_buckland

Aug 25, 2012
Hello I hope you dont mind me writing but can I ask who you mystery shop for. Only I have been burnt by a company before but if I can get advice from someone who currently does it I may feel better about doing it thanks

anthonysinclair

Aug 26, 2012
Innovative Research is a Market Research Recruitment company working in the London and surrounding areas.

We have implemented an expanding online database for new London respondents to register their information in order to participate in market research groups.

If you would like the opportunity to participate in our daytime and evening focus group discussions by giving your views and opinions for cash incentives of £20 - £150+ sign up to our password protected on-line database using the link below.

You will be asked to submit your details. We use your details to match you to the most suitable focus group.

When we e-mail details of our focus groups we try to target only the groups for which you are suitable.

The more we know about you the more successful we can be and the less eMail you receive.

It is completely free to join, you will not be asked for any payment details etc, again it is completely free.You will be contacted by phone or email if you are suitable for future projects

All that we ask is that each member has a good understand of the English Language and confident speaking and discussing personal opinions within a group of peers.

Please ask friends, family members, work colleagues and anyone else you know who would also like to earn cash by participating to join.

If you have signed up previously you do not have to sign up again - we have your details.

www . innovativeresearch . co . uk

elladaisy

Sep 21, 2012
I'm sure I signed up to this company a while ago but other than an automated email, I'm still waiting to hear from them

jimsmith

Aug 27, 2014
I used to work for retail maxim but their fees they pay the shopper are too low
and they cheat the shoppers once they have done the assignments, they lie about things once i received email from them for 2 assignments at 12.03pm i then rang them 3 or 4 times but when i got through to them at 12.12pm they said the assignments were already booked out

XMAX

Feb 2, 2017
Does anyone know if this exists outside of the UK? I know a few people that would love to get involved

Aron Brayn

Jan 17, 2022
I started having nervous problems because I often don't get enough sleep, I can't sleep at night and I spend a lot of time rolling over in bed. I started looking for a solution on the Internet and came across this site. This is a website https://www.westcoastsupply.net/products/cannabis/marijuana/sativa/ where you can look for cannabis that would have a positive effect on the body. It calms the nervous system and relieves pain.