PS3 Hi-Def issues

pkbl44

Dec 3, 2008
I took my PS3 back to Game four times and was tod there was nothing wrong with the video output to hi-def every single time even though they did not have facilities to check it out and being honest I really lost my temper the last time because they were basically calling me a liar but in a very polite and condescending manner. I then got an E-mail from game teling me to take the machine back for replacement or refund. I thought great took the reference number that I had been sent along with receipts etc and they then rescinded the offer instore . I really get the feeling I was setup to be humiliated what does anyone think ??? AS a footnote I then phoned Sony and they admitted
to a fault with the graphics chip in a small batch of consoles and repaced it free of charge and now the new one works briliantly. I really want Game teaching a lesson over this but anyone know how ??? their customer service really is a stinker and I will never spend another penny there but I refuse to believe I am alone. So anyone else have any horror stories about this company that thinks it is above consumer law...........

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Often it is a case of the staff not knowing the law. This is hardly surprising the average age is about 16. In the first six months the shop has to prove that an item is not broken, after six months you have to prove that it is broken. Not sure how old yours is. Whatever the age it is very poor service.

You should write a letter to head office, post on consumer forums (tick) and write to Trading Standards (first phone trading standards to find out who the primary authority is -. there will be one lucky trading standards office that files all the Game complaints.

scotchlass

Facilitator
Sep 5, 2008
I agree with Tony but the old "word of mouth" is best too! Telling family and friends about what happened and how you were treated should have the desired effect. It may not put them out of business but you can rest assured that some people wil no longer shop there due to your experience.