Purchase of damaged goods

ShopKnot

Oct 16, 2009
No. I'll give them a bell on Monday afternoon. Hopefully there might be a reply by then. I'll let you know. Cheers.

ShopKnot

Oct 16, 2009
Tony, totally pissed off. Royal Mail cannot confirm delivery of my letter (registered delivery - officially 'recorded' as the RM operative informed me). I've checked on-line and by phone (don't try the phone option unless you've written your will). A maximum 15 day delivery guarantee (letter sent on the 20th of October - ie beyond their pale) and after, complain -great -now I'm dealing with two dodgy 'types.' Seems I've been let-down by RM.....and a lengthy (and most probable) complaints process. Should I send the original letter...again??... Ground Zero... and Groundhog Day....come to mind.....

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Yes I am afraid you will have to send it again. Hopefully, they will respond in the meantime having received it. I suppose it supports the arguments for privatising the Royal Mail.

Tony

ShopKnot

Oct 16, 2009
Tony, things get stranger by the day. I wanted to be sure my letter was sent to the correct address and the appropriate person. The supplier told me they have two addresses on the same street, the director opens all mail (I sent my letter to a manager)...this company is extremely difficult to deal with. I've never been a conspiracy theorist but, I suspect an arrangement with the postal delivery person, such that, there is no delivery, no refusal of the letter, no traceability.....I may be wrong...but I wouldn't put it past this company. I'll send the letter again but, I'm not sure it will arrive...

ShopKnot

Oct 16, 2009
Tony, I'll post the Bar code (recorded delivery) for the letter, if that helps. I understand you have other advisers who oversee this particular area. Cheers...from a 'generally' cheerful type!

ShopKnot

Oct 16, 2009
Tony, thanks for your previous help. All issues now resolved - a new fridge - in perfect condition. The company caved in when it realised legal action was imminent. I sent letters to the managing director and customer services manager, copied (cc) to both. I enclose the final letter; it may help others who encounter similar problems.

24/11/09

The Managing Director
365 Electrical
111-115 King Richards Road
Leicester
LE3 5QG

Dear Sir,

Final Notice before Legal Action

I enclose a copy of the letter I wrote to you on 12/11/09. A further copy was sent to Mr D'Angelo (Customer Services Manager). Both letters were sent via recorded delivery.

I have given you a reasonable opportunity to resolve my complaint. You have failed to do so.

I have now been left with no alternative but to seek legal redress through the courts. Unless this matter is satisfactorily resolved within the next 7 days I will instigate legal proceedings without further notice. The cost of this action will be added to my claim.

Yours faithfully

********** on behalf of Mrs ***********

cc. Mr Ethan D'Angelo

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi,

Thanks for the update, it is great to find out when people have been successful. Although it is yet another reminder of the effort that it sometimes takes.