Freshstart Living Limited – Fresh Start Living Limited – Freshstart

a_bit_of_help

Jan 20, 2012
Please see the below current company details that Freshstart are using...

Freshstart Living Ltd a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 07283222 and whose registered office is at 2nd Floor Oak Court, Clifton Business Park, Wynne Avenue, Manchester M27 8FF

I hope this helps put another piece into the Jigsaw if these details haven't been put to light yet...

Elizabeth Tonbridge

Nov 11, 2011
a_bit_of_help

You are not helping.

The company you are talking about with the number 07283222 belongs to FRESH START LIVING (SALFORD) LIMITED

fsc manchester

Jan 24, 2012
Freshstart Living Limited Non payment of rental guarantee

Fresh start living have failed to pay the rental guarantee on Montgomery House.

Our rental payment was due 3 weeks ago, we have tried emailing and calling but we are not getting any replies to either, is anyone else having problems getting their rental monies in from Fresh Start?

I would have thought a company who uses the fact they offer a rental guarantee to help sell their products would want to ensure that they only get good publicity.

It would appear that the rental guarantee Fresh Start offer is worth nothing so if anyone is purchasing a property form them, please be aware of this fact.

It looks like we will have no option but to pursue this through the courts, it would be good to know if anyone else is doing this and how have they got on?

Ewen McAulay

Jan 25, 2012
Alan John Paul Pierce, was also the Director of Pierce Properties and has an outstanding CCJ against him for £45,000.00 + costs Pierce Vs McAulay and McMillan and has failed to pay a penny back. McAulay and McMillan were friends he served in the Army that he took £22,500.00 from each for a property deal that failed and he refused to given them back the money.

I also believe he is still living in Manchester and not out the country.

Elizabeth Tonbridge

Nov 11, 2011
I have been asked to reproduce this;

Rosa Wang .I am from China, and many Chinese investors were cheated!!!

I paid reservation fee for five student units in Nottingham last July, but last month, in January, their sales Steve, called me and told me that they could not finish the work and asked me to change to another project. I found that is suspicious and refused to change. This Monday, 13 Feb., I went to their office together with an agent from China, they sold student rooms for FreshStart, there I found out they even don't own the property, and neither do they have the planning permision. I found out they are cheating.

I asked the sales director, Paul Walker, to return me my money, but he refused. I have contacted the General Consulate of China in Manchester and they will give support to me if I sue them. And I will go to police station in Manchester city centre today, together with other vitim.

I have been asked to reproduce this;

If anyboey want to join us to sue them, or, if you know somebody who were also cheated by this company, would you please / ask them to contact me ? The more people join in, the more influence this issue can make, the less people will be cheated.

My e-mail address is: wang-ruizhe (at) hotmail.com I will stay in the Uk till 22nd Feb., and my mobile here is 0755 705 7930 .

Last edited:

Elizabeth Tonbridge

Nov 11, 2011
Property investment schemes exposed on bbc tv

PROPERTY INVESTMENT SCHEMES EXPOSED ON BBC TV

Angela Rippon, Gloria Hunniford and Julia Somerville investigate what's being done to tackle the property investment schemes that have cost tens of thousands of people their entire life savings.

BBC ONE RIP OFF BRITAIN : Wednesday 22 February 2012

19:30 (7.30pm) EVENING

freshstartliving

Feb 22, 2012
We understand the importance of creating and protecting long term value for our investors and take this responsibility very seriously.

By delivering our products and services to the highest possible standards we build enduring and mutually beneficial relationships with our investors. In doing so we create more value to our investors and ultimately to FreshStart.

We aim to adhere to the uppermost levels of ethical business practice and have refined our corporate structure with our investors in mind.

This enhanced structure establishes appropriate management and control of our infrastructure in order to achieve FreshStart’s objectives to grow rapidly for the benefit of our investors and to be completely transparent about how the Company operates.
Having achieved step-change improvements in standards and instilled a performance culture across the company, Fresh start Living are pleased to introduce their Client Relations Centre of excellence.

Fresh Start are committed to engaging with our clients regarding any enquiries through a dedicated, professional team of qualified Client Relation Advisors that are available Monday – Friday from 08.30am – 8.00pm on 0161 241 1187. We are more than happy to work in partnership with our clients to resolve any matters.

Many thanks,

Karen

Elizabeth Tonbridge

Nov 11, 2011
Advertising Watchdog slaps 'below market value' firm over discount claims

Advertising Watchdog slaps 'below market value' firm over discount claims

An email to property investors offering a hands-free investment, no deposit required and 100% financing, at a ‘fantastic’ £25,000 below market value, has landed its sender in hot water with the advertising watchdog.

The email from BMV Property Direct was headed ‘student investment opportunity’.

It offered ‘luxurious’ one-bed student apartments in Sheffield to investors for £75,000, saying that the market value was £100,000.

A complainant challenged the claims. BMV said its ad had stated ‘hands free investment, no deposit required’ because the property was fully managed by the in-house management company within the development. It said that no deposit was required and that 100% finance was available, because a bridging company provided 100% financing.

BMV also told the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) that the £100,000 was an estimated market valuation based on recent Land Registry entries. BMV stated that they had not implied this was a RICS valuation report or any other professional report, and they advised all prospective buyers to do their own due diligence before committing to any purchase.

The ASA upheld the complaints challenging statements made that no deposit was required or that 100% financing was available. It said the financial arrangement was not made clear and that in reality the traditional deposit was being replaced with a bridging loan.

It also upheld the complaint about the market valuation. BMV had provided evidence which showed properties sold between 2008 and 2011. The ASA said that properties sold during 2008 achieved a market value of £100,000 but that properties had more recently sold for significantly less.

The ASA said: “We concluded that the use of an estimated market value figure in the ad, when used together with the text ‘Fantastic 25% Discount. Instant Equity of £25,000’ was misleading, and the reference to a current market value of £100,000 was unsubstantiated.

yarrum1985

Dec 8, 2011
Your veneer marketing is falling in line with all your other promises. At Greenock (sorry Glasgow 30 miles away) your video shows Ikea make over refurbishment, modern kitchens, leisure facilities and the like. The property has not been refurbished, does not have an HMO licence, has been lying empty for 5 years, mould on carpets, damp on walls, blue tack everywhere, leaking water tanks and showers and night store heating badly damaged and a fortune to run. This development is being totally mis-sold.

Elizabeth Tonbridge

Nov 11, 2011
Spotted today on : http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=213468&page=2
FreshStart Living
Posted elsewhere here re Freshstart Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshStart Living
...to be completely transparent about how the Company operates.

I would not agree that 'transparency' is a word familiar to yourselves.

I have bought a unit from FSL by completing a reservation form (with specific terms and conditions) only to find that when receiving a copy of the contract, the same terms on the reservation form were not incorporated into the contract and the deal now looks less favourable to me as an investor.

I could not pull out because the reservation fee was not refundable so rather than losing the fees paid, I proceeded to exchange contracts. Only time will tell whether FSL will honour their side of the contract.

I was however reassured by my solicitor who was dealing with the conveyance that the land was owned by one of the FSL companies. Only time will tell...

Elizabeth Tonbridge

Nov 11, 2011
This is interesting. I found it on another consumer information website, but cannot post a link.

FreshStart Living / Fresh Start Living /Colonnade, Bradford
Can someone explain why the Freshstart Living website today (screengrabbed) promoting the Colonnade building in Bradford as student accomodation to buy states

'A spacious modern student development with stunning views over Bradford and the surrounding countryside. Colonnade House Halls is a refurbished office block in the heart of Bradford. Ideally located minutes from the university and the town centre the development provides 200 student rooms, all ensuite, arranged into flats.'

Bradford City council confirm that the building does not have planning permission for this use and a planning application was only made a few weeks ago despite the fact that Freshstart Living have been promoting this property since August last year.

Elizabeth Tonbridge

Nov 11, 2011
From Daily Mirror 1st march 2012

CLICK HERE TO READ IN FULL : How Modo Homes scammed property investors - Investigations

How Modo Homes scammed property investors

BY ANDREW PENMAN ON FEBRUARY 29, 2012 11:05 PM IN INVESTMENTS
Modo Homes Group claimed to be a property business with a difference and, sadly, it was. It advertised properties for sale at bargain prices, saying they had been repossessed.

Then it collected multiple *reservation fees for the same *property from numerous buyers, without saying that the fees were non-refundable.

The company, run by Rachel Horton, 29, of Liverpool, even marketed properties without the permission of the real owners.

Despite boasting of a 24-hour helpline it didn't respond to *increasingly anxious investors and it didn't allow independent surveyors access to properties.

Now it has been shut down in the High Court in the public interest after it was discovered it had raked in £454,737.

Investigation Supervisor Colin Cronin said: "Modo Homes Group Ltd raised money from investors on false representations and then made it very difficult for investors to contact the company to progress the property purchase. These proceedings show that the Insolvency Service will take firm action against companies and directors which operate in this way".

COMMENTS SO FAR

TOM WILLIAMS SAID:

So many of these property investment scams seem to emanate from the North West, Liverpool and Manchester in particular. NEVER buy a property by paying a non-refundable deposit and without the protection of YOUR OWN solicitor who should make the proper enquiries and afford you protection.
There are a number of companies advertising properties for sale that they have not even bought yet. They use all the deposits collected from "investors" to buy them.
The investors carry all the risk, especially if the company goes bust before the deals are done.
March 1, 2012 7:03 AM

Choppers12

Mar 5, 2012
Has anyone exchanged contracts with FSL and then had the deal pulled out ? This has recently happened to us with very little explanation .. we have no idea if they will keep to their word and refund us,we have also incurred many other fees as you would expect at this stage. Will keep posting any news of this 'non' transaction on this and other forums.

annio61

Mar 7, 2012
we to have had properties we exchanged contracts on withdrawn, have been told the reason for this is that the receivers would not accept the purchase price, fsl presumably paid our solicitors fees and recommended we use a solicitor they knew, still waiting for all our money to be returned to us

Choppers12

Mar 5, 2012
we to have had properties we exchanged contracts on withdrawn, have been told the reason for this is that the receivers would not accept the purchase price, fsl presumably paid our solicitors fees and recommended we use a solicitor they knew, still waiting for all our money to be returned to us
has this just happened and do you know the name of the portfolio ? I have been doing some investigation with land registry,office of fair trading and companies house and are concerned that we just been scammed.. am not accepting this,I work too hard for my money...If I dont get my money back I am prepaired to do whatever is required in order to make other potential investors and the media know what is happening ..

annio61

Mar 7, 2012
I feel exactly the same as you, not sure but i think i could find out, there were supposed to be 60 properties in the portfolio in greater manchester i have still got the full list, it was being sold on behalf of the receivers, it is all a scam, if I can get enough people together i am going to the manchester evening news who did a big piece about them floating on the stock market only weeks ago. We gave a deposit in September, exchanged in December and have been kept hanging on, now the solicitor who was acting on our behalf(recommended by fsl) and being paid for by fsl has told us they are deducting our purchase money by the amount due to them as fsl are refusing to pay the legal costs now, have found out since they have a big connection with fsl

Elizabeth Tonbridge

Nov 11, 2011
Just read this on Martin Lewis Moneysavingexpert forum

CLICK HERE : FreshStart Living / Fresh Start Living - Page 2 - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

We exchanged contracts then the date for completion was brought forward so had to bridge the remaining funds,then we waited and waited and waited … completion dates came and went,eventually we were told the property was no longer for sale as the bank had retracted the portfolio as one of the other buyers was not in a position to complete … paid commissions,bridging fees,solicitors fees … applied for refund but so far out of pocket at least 10k .. When we were introduced we had concerns that the deposits went to FSL but were told by our introducer that as soon as exchange takes place there was no risk as FSL had a legal obligation to complete !!!! Not sleeping,extremely worried and anxious,am also in touch with another prospective purchaser of this portfolio who has had the same experience

Other postings found

Like many others here, I foolishly paid £5ooo for a reservation. I have now read all the literature concerning this company and do not wish to proceed to contract even though the Company are pressing me.

Is there any way I can retrieve my ‘reservation’ money. I do not mind paying the £1000 administration but £5000 is too much and my solicitor informs me that this have been placed into ‘a protected pool’ rather than direct into FSL’s account.

Give the first comment

Senas11, 3 hours ago:

get it back before you incurr legal fees,bridging fees etc !!! we just had an awful experience with this company,they didnt own the property they exchanged contracts onwith us and then pulled out 26 days after completion date … I have never known this to happen to anyone neither had our solicitor

Elizabeth Tonbridge

Nov 11, 2011
reproduced as seen this morning

Thebusinessdesk.com
By Mike Fahy

AMBITIOUS developer FreshStart Living has pledged to return money handed over by customers after the collapse of one its property deals.

The Salford company, which last week announced plans to raise up to £50m from a stock market flotation, exchanged contracts on a portfolio of 77 houses in Greater Manchester which were in receivership. However, its own deal with the receivers fell through.

A sister company, FS Properties Issler Ltd, exchanged contracts with buyers in the run-up to Christmas and urged several clients to place deposit monies in solicitors' client accounts on the first working day of the New Year - January 4.

Despite this, it then failed to complete its own deal with Deloitte, which was acting as Law of Property Act receivers for the portfolio.

FreshStart Living chief executive Charlie Cunningham said that it failed to complete the deal with receivers as an issue arose over stamp duty payments which made it less attractive.

He added that FreshStart clients who have already exchanged contracts for the properties have either already been paid or will be repaid.

"The only people who have lost money in this is FreshStart Living," he added.

Mr Cunningham, 33, who has joined from London-based corporate broker FinnCap, has expressed his confidence in being able to achieve a stock market flotation of the business this year for a value of up to £50m.
Until last year Fresh Start Living Ltd and several sister firms were run by Salford businessman Andrew Camilleri.

He resigned in January 2011 three months prior to being declared bankrupt. Companies House records show that the business is now owned by Alan Pierce, who is related to Mr Camilleri.

Currently, Fresh Start Living Ltd and at least 25 other active firms with a Fresh Start Living or FSL Properties prefix are being run by sole director Philip Wright, who was previously a director of Salford-based developer Wrightchoice Developments before it was placed into liquidation last year.

A statement of affairs provided by Mr Wright to liquidators Cooper Williamson shows that it owed £4.2m to creditors - £2.1m to trade creditors, around £686,000 to HMRC and just over £1m to Fresh Start Living Ltd.

Mr Cunningham told TheBusinessDesk.com that part of his new role "is getting the company and its accounts in shape where it is ready for an IPO".

This will include the creation and filing of new group accounts.

"As it stands, we wouldn't view it as suitable (for flotation), but by the time we've done everything we've planned we think there will be a very compelling case for investors."

Mr Cunningham said that he has floated 50-60 small cap companies on AIM in recent years and is confident about the prospects for FreshStart.

"A lot of people I've spoken to in the City are very interested in this as an investment," he added.

Choppers12

Mar 5, 2012
reproduced as seen this morning

Thebusinessdesk.com
By Mike Fahy

AMBITIOUS developer FreshStart Living has pledged to return money handed over by customers after the collapse of one its property deals.

The Salford company, which last week announced plans to raise up to £50m from a stock market flotation, exchanged contracts on a portfolio of 77 houses in Greater Manchester which were in receivership. However, its own deal with the receivers fell through.

A sister company, FS Properties Issler Ltd, exchanged contracts with buyers in the run-up to Christmas and urged several clients to place deposit monies in solicitors' client accounts on the first working day of the New Year - January 4.

Despite this, it then failed to complete its own deal with Deloitte, which was acting as Law of Property Act receivers for the portfolio.

FreshStart Living chief executive Charlie Cunningham said that it failed to complete the deal with receivers as an issue arose over stamp duty payments which made it less attractive.

He added that FreshStart clients who have already exchanged contracts for the properties have either already been paid or will be repaid.

"The only people who have lost money in this is FreshStart Living," he added.

Mr Cunningham, 33, who has joined from London-based corporate broker FinnCap, has expressed his confidence in being able to achieve a stock market flotation of the business this year for a value of up to £50m.
Until last year Fresh Start Living Ltd and several sister firms were run by Salford businessman Andrew Camilleri.

He resigned in January 2011 three months prior to being declared bankrupt. Companies House records show that the business is now owned by Alan Pierce, who is related to Mr Camilleri.

Currently, Fresh Start Living Ltd and at least 25 other active firms with a Fresh Start Living or FSL Properties prefix are being run by sole director Philip Wright, who was previously a director of Salford-based developer Wrightchoice Developments before it was placed into liquidation last year.

A statement of affairs provided by Mr Wright to liquidators Cooper Williamson shows that it owed £4.2m to creditors - £2.1m to trade creditors, around £686,000 to HMRC and just over £1m to Fresh Start Living Ltd.

Mr Cunningham told TheBusinessDesk.com that part of his new role "is getting the company and its accounts in shape where it is ready for an IPO".

This will include the creation and filing of new group accounts.

"As it stands, we wouldn't view it as suitable (for flotation), but by the time we've done everything we've planned we think there will be a very compelling case for investors."

Mr Cunningham said that he has floated 50-60 small cap companies on AIM in recent years and is confident about the prospects for FreshStart.

"A lot of people I've spoken to in the City are very interested in this as an investment," he added.
Thanks,I read this this morning after someone else sent it to me. I have contacted the author of this to argue that Charlie Cunninghams statement that 'The only people who have lost money in this is FreshStart,' Living is both misleading and at present untrue. Even if reservation fees are refunded, who will pick up the legal fees,the commissions paid and all the other costs associated with getting to the point of exchange on a property ?
Charlies ability to manage the ISSLER portfolio failure at this point may make or break their plans to float on the SM.