Motor trades.co.uk

asifherts

May 30, 2013
so basically i feel as if i was miss sold this deal with them, they find it easy to call and tell you they are going to take money but cant call when they are looking renewal when they sent an "email" apparently
its a joke

regards

Kimdriver

Jun 19, 2013
I too am having serious issues with motortrades.co.uk they have taken money from an account I had not initially signed up to with them so I have been havining problems trying to get my money back.
I'm not sure how they are allowed to miss sell their ads . And keep taking my money someone please help

Jimmyp

Jul 15, 2013
Hello!

I'm in need of some help, I've been stung by motor trades!

Last year i was contacted by someone called James, offering me a good deal on advertising. It was around £250 (can't remember exact figures or dates).

They called me back numerous times throughout the year trying to get me to agree to more advertisement to which i point blank refused as i hadn't had any more business since signing up with motor trades.

They have called me up today and are now demanding £3900 discounted to £2800 and i have to pay it as i got caught with the automatic renewal!

I do not have £2800 just lying and have no way of paying it. I have contacted my bank and put a stop to the payment but i have a feeling they may be able to take it anyway.

Is there anything i can do?

I don't want to speak to motortrades about the matter as they are arrogant and do not help one bit, they might as well laugh down the phone at you.

Any help or advice will be appreciated as i'm seriously worried!

Thanks.

pumpkinprince

Jul 30, 2013
I have had the same problem. They offered a really good initial deal of approx £200, then called me up at renewal time. I had checked the contract and it had stated that they would auto roll on the contract if I didn't give give 30 days notice 90 days before the end of the contract. The contract also states that they would only increase the fee by 10% each year. I thought that I would continue the service.......until the call "the cost is £3500 you have to pay now!!!!"

I spoke to trading standards, they said that they couldn't help a business and that they only helped consumers. But after a long conversation with them they advised that the increase in costs being excessive (over 3000%) for no additional service that a court would not likely uphold their claim.

The upshot was don't pay them anything, don't give any permission for them to do so, then let them chase you for the money as it would be a default of a business invoice, let them take you to court which they are are not going to do.

Important:
You can legally request by letter or email that you do not want to be contacted by them by telephone and that you only want to be contacted by letter or email.( I would send a registered letter)
Also you can legally ask for all copies of recordings of telephone conversations made between you and them. They must supply them within 10 days. This usually slows the dogs down

D Thompson

Oct 7, 2013
Hi I had motor trades ring me on friday saying that my contract was due for automatic renewal and i had to pay £6000 but they could discount it to £2900 if i went along with the next phone call, i was very very confused as id only been with them 4 months and i stated this in the phone call, i went along with the next phone call still very confused and now seem to have agreed to ordering a internet website costing £2900 i even said that i didnt want any website which has hopefully been recorded, then i had my banks fraud section ring me telling me they stopped the payment, i cannot pay for this and need to know where i stand, for a start they lied to me telling me my contract was up for automatic renewal when it isnt till 90days before 10/06/2014 ive now cancelled the automatic renewal but apparently still owe the money please help

simonjames

Oct 15, 2013
This company has scammed a lot of people. Best thing to do is contact Trading Standards direct. The clever ploy is convince you that the cheapest option is to buy out the old contract. When you realise what is happening they then argue it has nothing to do with the old contract but instead the new one you have just signed.

Stick to your guns. No court in the land will see there side when you put the internet evidence in front of them.

Ufindaripoff

Nov 25, 2013
Anybody heard of ufindalocal. I have a great recording (mine) where they tell me it doesn't matter what the salesman says it because its my word against his. The only thing that matters is the recorded business to business contract. I urge everyone that has a problem to contact trading standards and watchdog

Strunner

Nov 26, 2013
Anybody heard of ufindalocal. I have a great recording (mine) where they tell me it doesn't matter what the salesman says it because its my word against his. The only thing that matters is the recorded business to business contract. I urge everyone that has a problem to contact trading standards and watchdog
Yes I worked for them briefly as a salesman but was fired for failing to hit target (can't say any more in public as have been threatened by their legal team) but I am fully aware of what the other salesmen say and how management distances itself from that (although they hear it) Please contact me directly for more details.