Coopers Sewing Machines

Anyone who has had dealings with this firm and can prove it with a receipt

• Total voters

Labouche

Dec 9, 2011
*****Before reading the following info this is actually a review I left on trustpilot which within 1 hr of writing it Mr Cooper had reported it and had it removed from the sight...when I contacted trustpilot for their reasons why they had removed it apparently Mr Cooper had said he has no knowledge of me being a customer and that I need provide proof of purchase...since when did you need to provide proof of purchase...and no wonder Mr Cooper supposedly cant remember dealing with me as from looking on here is appears he speaks to all his customers in the same disgusting fashion!!!******

Avoid this company like the plague! The apparent owner of this company "Mr Cooper" is one seriously unhinged man! Who is extremely abusive...to describe this man as unhelpful doesn't even scratch the surface!

My order was placed with this company on my boyf's card...they didn't even speak to my boyf to confirm security which is a massive security breach! I then requested it go to an alternative delivery address as we had just moved house and my boyf hadn't changed his billing address. The advisor said this was fine. When they dispatched my order they sent it to the billing address...refused to help me retrieve it saying they had fulfilled their side of the order and if I wanted my delivery it was my responsibility and that I had got it at a good price so what more did I want!?!? (as they had actually agreed to send it to an alternative address and sent it to the wrong address this makes them in breach of contract...which consumer advice actually confirmed to me) when I questioned why they had sent it to my billing address they said the bank called them and said it couldn't go to an alternative address...this was a mis-truth as I work in online & phone sales and know that isn't how it works and if the card company felt the address was an issue they would cancel it and a new order would need to be placed to the appropriate address.

I was verbally abused, screamed at like I was speaking to a little boy throwing a tantrum...when I was in fact speaking to an old man and hung up on 5 times by this man who made up mis-truths that I had rang the delivery company and demanded that they collect it and bring it to me...I didn't do that...the delivery company offered to do that...which Mr copper later then put a stop to by calling the company and telling them not to take any action as he was now dealing with it!!!

I am at 26 yr old very petite female and they are expecting me to go round to a property when I know a single man lives and ask that he gives me back a parcel wroth £150...that could be a potentially dangerous situation and Mr Cooper is very irresponsible for allowing that to happen and clearly couldn't care less about his customers.

The final display of absolute ridiculousness from this company was after mr cooper verbally abused me (to the point where my manager had to signed me off my phone for 30 mins as I was that shaken up) I then got back to my phone to find a missed call of them...bemused why this company would ever attempt to call me again I rang them back...I got put on hold by mr cooper who then transferred me to a man called David Henderson and refereed to himself as the 'company solicitor' who was just as abusive who processed to tell me to not dare ever try and contact any one from that company ever again be it by phone or email! When I asked for a SAR (subject access request where you can obtain personal info that company holds on you) he was completely flummoxed as to what a SAR was (I could almost hear him scratching his head) when I question him was a SAR actually was he promptly ended the phone called! Its completely laughable! This man clearly wasn't a solicitor as any solicitor would know what a SAR was. It is actually an illegal offence to impersonate a solicitor!!! I have also read a post about this company on trading standards website where another unhappy customer has spoken to David Henderson where he claimed he was a sales manager!!!

I only wish i had googled 'coopers sewing machines LTD' before buying from them. I didn't as wasn't aware this was there company! Which is no doubt why they have re-branded under sewingmachinediscount. Please google them before purchasing and see all the reports of awful customer service on the trading standards website. I have so far been to the address where the item was delivered 8 times and its 20 miles each journey...I now have no sewing machine, they have my money and although they are in breech of contract they are clearly not going to help me get the sewing machine!

Kiamose

Nov 22, 2011
I feel for you very much as now that I've researched this company on many forum and sites and also spoken to many other sewing machine shops I totally understand your upset, you have done the best you can and I only hope that A you get your money back as I'm sure now you don't want your sewing machine from them as if anything goes wrong you will have an awful time with the warranty and B others reading all these reviews will avoid this awful man like the plague. Good luck

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
Labouche

If Coopers are responsible for sending it the wrong address then for all intents and purposes it has not been delivered. It is the sellers responsibility up to the point of delivery. If unsolicited goods are delivered to the wrong address then these are considered a gift and legally can't be demanded back.

I would inform Coopers that unless they refund your money including all costs or supply you with the goods then you will issue proceeding in the small claims court.

Do not let them get away with this, they are in the wrong. You could also claim reasoanble costs for breach of contract.

Mr Cooper called me unsolicited some time back and claimed he was absolutely astonished at the complaints on this forum. i gave him the opportunity to reply and he suggested that we even might meet over a 'coffee'. I have heard nothing since.

This speaks volumes!

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
To all coopers customers

I have been emailed by Mr Jay Isow today who still refutes the claims made on this forum.

If someone wnats to give me their name and the product they bought, date etc. and even maybe an invoice number then I can confront Mr Isow with this information.

Thanks in anticipation:)

Labouche

Dec 9, 2011
Oh my days...Mr Jay Cooper is an absolute joke! This is exactly what he did on trustpilot...obviously under the impression that I didn't have my parcel therefore couldn't of had my invoice to prove my purchase to verify my review...unfortunately for the lovely Mr Cooper I had by this point managed to retrieve the parcel from the address THEY wrongly sent it too...So unfortunately for coopers I do have the invoice to prove I have purchased an item from this...no doubt he will still deny his disgusting attitude and behavior!

Does he think people are that naive to believe that consumers sit on here spending their time making up bogus reports!?! I certainly do not!!!!

Also does no one not find it a bit peculiar that as soon as a bad review is left any where on the internet he is straight on the case trying to have it removed...Now the international company that I work for has a social media department who do search sites for unhappy customers...but that is so they can rectify the customers issues and ensure the customer is happy with the outcome...I am yet to receive a call of Mr Cooper...and the amount of times he called me to give me abuse I am sure he must know my number...CRAZY MAN!!!!!

I can provide you a copy of my invoice but its too large to attach but I can send it to an email address if you want?

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
labouche

Thanks for that. I have been invited to the new premises to see how things run by Mr Isow however I have declined at this moment in time as I might answer on this forum for free but i cannot spend a day out doing the same.

If i did accept i would like to go armed with something that I can ask him about and maybe call people whilst I am there.

Still thinking how it could work?

Elrond5

Jan 6, 2012
Hi I see a lot of people take delivery and then see a problem with pre-openend boxes or damaged boxes.
Question: surely if refuse to accept delivery, you don't go down the confrontation with alleged damage by the purchaser on the return.
The courier has to accept a refusal to deliver?, i.e. you have not in law accepted any part of responsibility for that package?.
Or am I simply wrong.

Labouche

Dec 9, 2011
labouche

Thanks for that. I have been invited to the new premises to see how things run by Mr Isow however I have declined at this moment in time as I might answer on this forum for free but i cannot spend a day out doing the same.

If i did accept i would like to go armed with something that I can ask him about and maybe call people whilst I am there.

Still thinking how it could work?
I would be more than happy for you to call me whilst there as I would absolutely love to speak to him in a rational fashion...which I have no doubt he would be the most delightful and charming man under a watch full eye!

Oh jeeze...sat here recalling my dealings with 'Mr Cooper' and I cringe at this mans crass and uncouth attitude!

Also...who is Mr Isow??? I assume this is the man that calls himself 'Mr Cooper'???? If not this Mr Isow may genuinely not know the disgusting service and law breaking that is going on from all his employees!?!

Elrond5

Jan 6, 2012
Or Singerdirect.co.uk or any other name they go by.

Well my first recorded delivery claiming back my money has gone off.
This pernicious firm continues to ensnare the public, with a bit of a twist ?

Ordered a Singer Machine on the 29th Dec cancelled after non-delivery on the 6th, ignored, but interestingly after trying to use their "Contact us" web page.
Yesterday found the following Viruses Exploit:java/Blacole.BM Trojan:Win32/Ramnit maybe an attack on that ailing company has occurred.

The Borehamwood address looks nice on "Google Street" with the Hertfordshire Police station just round the corner.

Beware.........Beware.........Beware..........Beware..........Beware

UnhappyLady

Jan 23, 2012
Hi Im not sure if in the right place

Before christmas my mum ordered a Necchi sewing machine(at cost of £199.99) via the internet when it came to payment there was a problem, so called them and they sorted over the phone, everything fine given delivery date etc
The following day my mum received a call to say that the particular model was out of stock and managed to talk her into another machine to which he added she could have for a month and if she didnt like it she could return it.
The machine arrived and its nothing like the origianl one she ordered so she returned by recorded delivery, they received the machine few days before christmas.
Also mum checked her account to find they had taken £249.99 yet was told the cost of machine was same as original ordered.
My mum was away over christmas and new year and as site says it was closed from 24th dec to 3rd jan12.
My mum returned and called them to be told that the accounts department was closed till the 16.1.12 So yet again she called back to be told they only operate from 9am till 1pm Mon to Friday
Today she calls accounts department to say they have not received parcel yet tracking from royal mail says they have a month ago now
So lady from accounts takes tracking number and calls my mum back to say a Mr Collins signed for parcel and they have noone of that name on staff ( yet when you check tracking information there is no name as to who signed)
Also apparently they have moved premises yet they failed till now to inform my mum of this and no dates as to when they moved either.
My mum has been in touch with royal mail concerning delivery yet to hear back if they have any other information, she paid by Visa debit card
How should my Mum go about getting her money refunded please
Would be greatfull of any help Thankyou

Labouche

Dec 9, 2011
Hi Unhappy Lady,

Firstly those kind of outrageous shananigans really do not surprise me from such an unprofessional company.

Secondly I would ask whoever you are dealing with at coopers to send to you this information in an email because they will tell you anything over the phone! Plus how do they know a 'Mr Collins' signed for it...I would assume they have somehow obtained proof of signature so ask them to email you proof of signature of 'Mr Collins' also.

I would then take it up with Royal Mail and see if you can do a lost parcel claim. That then puts the ball in Royal Mails court to investigate it with Coopers so you don't have to risk any abuse or issues from Coopers. Its not actually your responsibility to have to investigate! If its found to be lost then (and hopefully you sent it insured for the correct value) you can do a lost parcel claim direct with Royal Mail.

If its found Coopers are LYING (thats for Mr Coopers benefit as I know he will be reading this...I do know how much he hates being called a liar!) then they have to refund you, however, they do like to make up their own little rules so if you paid on a visa (doesn't matter if its debit or credit) as long as its over £100 (which it is) you can do an indemnity claim against them. Ring and speak with your bank. I almost had to do this with Coopers and RBS were very helpful!

I work in a similar environment and deal with courier claims frequently so if you need any advice just get back to me!

Good Luck!

hazhaz

Jan 24, 2012
I have been also a victim of cooper machines!!! they are absolutely disgusting company, abusive and I can not believe I have not read these reviews before parting with my money!

I have also purchased a brother machine from cooper company, obviously as it was advertised on the website that if I call I could get further discount, which obviously I had call them to see how much I could get the machine of my choice for, i was put through the sales, where a guy given me the information and asked me for my bank details, which i had given (I paid via visa debit card), he was all polite and professional until received my bank details and then started being rude, when I asked when it would arrive he said Saturday or Monday, I said will you email me some sort of invoice or proof of purchase, he ignored me and put the phone down. I have obviously never received the machine, Today i have called their tracking system, they told me the machine is out of stock and was referred to the main sales team. after phoning them three times, in which they were keep telling me they will ring back, a horrible man that referred ti himself as Mr Cooper, stared shouting at me and abusing me, i said i would like my refund, he said you will not see a refund in a year's time!! absolutely shocked and in tears!! he hanged up the phone on me.....5 minutes later he called me back only to tell me off about my impatience and he called me a liar saying you cant have been calling us three times because we have just opened up the office!!!! which was a clear LIE as clearly i had spoken to him as well as another woman!! my brother then called, and he was saying how I have not read details about delivery and that he would deliver it by tomorrow and that he would throw in a gift!! to be honest after reading these forums, i have alot of doubt of receiving any machine!! I have contacted my bank and god my card blocked off so they can't steal more from my account! also phoned my bank about a charge back they told me to give them 30 days and then they will open a dispute!! I am going to wait until tomorrow and see if anything arrives, but I am not holding my breath!! will be reporting them to trading standards for absolutely horrific customer services that is beyond believe that they even exist!! NEVER EVER TRUST YOU MONEY IN COOPER COMPANY, DISGUSTING ATTITUDE AND THIEVES!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Nanna

Jan 24, 2012
Hello, I too last week had a very bad experience with COOPERS, I was told I was a pain in the bum, these are the eact words used by Mr Cooper, I have never felt
so upset. Yes, I ordered the wrong sewing machine and was then told there would be a 20% credit card fee, they cannot do this under the distance selling regs of 200, the machine had not even been despatched. This man was so rude, he had me in tears. I contacted trading standards and within half an hour I got a call from JAY COOPER who said he would upgrade the machine at no extra cost, guess he was worried. I apologised to the company for ordering the wrong machine. I was also told that I fuelled the situation, I wonder how I could have done that, I have never had such bad verbal abuse over the phone from an internet company. The suppliers of these well known sewing machines should stop dealing with COOPERS, they are so rude. Their testimonials are questionable to say the least. If I ever receive my sewing machine, I will contact all their suppliers and make it known how abusive they are, I will also contact sewing forums and let them know of my experience. You only have to look at various websites to see how customers are treated. I was given an excuse that the man that was rude to me was 90....so what...about time he retired then. Ity is disgusting. I will do all in my power to shame this awful company. They asked me for positive feedback should I receive the machine ok....no way.

Nanna

Jan 24, 2012
Coopers should be avoided like tghe plague, they are an awful company. I wish I had never dealt with them. I wish trading standards would nail them.

MillysMomma

Jan 27, 2012
I was just about to telephone coopers about ordering a sewing machine, I am so happy I read this forum first. Just to say a big Thank You to all of you on this thread.

Nanna

Jan 24, 2012
I received my machine today..and he has affected the refund. This was after I received such awful verbal abuse from I think Mr.Cooper Snr, who knows, with all these identities, avoid them like the plague, they are a nasty firm to deal with, they are rude and abusive and could not care less about you or your business. If you get the excuse that the man who was abusive is old, forget it, he should not be answering the phone and taking orders. The business cannot survive with customer service like this. If you read their testimonials, the all have the same vien, about how kind and courteuous they are, this is rubbish, all the adverse comments cannot all be from competetitors as they say they are. They trade under different names, just be very aware of them. Mr.Cooper Snr will threaten you with a surcharge on your credit card for cancellation, he cannot legally do this under the distance selling regulations of 2000. They are just awful to deal with and will cause you much upset. My new machine, if it goes wrong under guarantee, I would rather put it in the bin than deal with this firm ever again. Trading standards are aware of them. If you play their video, you see a nice man with all the banter, he states that buying a machine from Coopers is a pleasant experience, it is far from that. All the reviews are cautionary. They cannot offer a 15 year guarantee either, if you read the small print, you will see that the manufacturer will not honour this, it is stated in the manufacturers guarantee, this is just a carrot. This firm is not worth dealing with, you will be weeks if not months sorting it out. AVOID, look at all other forums before ordering, do your homework, do not be persuaded on price and promises and the smooth talking, whoever he says he is. This is just one of hundreds of reviews on Coopers about customers who have had the awful verbal abuse from this firm. It really is the most awful experience you could imagine.

MillysMomma

Jan 27, 2012
I received my machine today..and he has affected the refund. This was after I received such awful verbal abuse from I think Mr.Cooper Snr, who knows, with all these identities, avoid them like the plague, they are a nasty firm to deal with, they are rude and abusive and could not care less about you or your business. If you get the excuse that the man who was abusive is old, forget it, he should not be answering the phone and taking orders. The business cannot survive with customer service like this. If you read their testimonials, the all have the same vien, about how kind and courteuous they are, this is rubbish, all the adverse comments cannot all be from competetitors as they say they are. They trade under different names, just be very aware of them. Mr.Cooper Snr will threaten you with a surcharge on your credit card for cancellation, he cannot legally do this under the distance selling regulations of 2000. They are just awful to deal with and will cause you much upset. My new machine, if it goes wrong under guarantee, I would rather put it in the bin than deal with this firm ever again. Trading standards are aware of them. If you play their video, you see a nice man with all the banter, he states that buying a machine from Coopers is a pleasant experience, it is far from that. All the reviews are cautionary. They cannot offer a 15 year guarantee either, if you read the small print, you will see that the manufacturer will not honour this, it is stated in the manufacturers guarantee, this is just a carrot. This firm is not worth dealing with, you will be weeks if not months sorting it out. AVOID, look at all other forums before ordering, do your homework, do not be persuaded on price and promises and the smooth talking, whoever he says he is. This is just one of hundreds of reviews on Coopers about customers who have had the awful verbal abuse from this firm. It really is the most awful experience you could imagine.
Thanks for the advice Nanna. I will do my homework before I buy a machine. It was on the off chance that I just typed coopers sewing machine reviews on the search engine as they did sound to good to be true. I am quite shocked to read all the terrible reviews that they have had, especially about how rude and the awful verbal abuse people have encountered. I a sorry that you have had to deal with this nightmare and I do hope that you have no problems with your machine and you get many years service out of it.

Nanna

Jan 24, 2012
Hi Im not sure if in the right place

Before christmas my mum ordered a Necchi sewing machine(at cost of £199.99) via the internet when it came to payment there was a problem, so called them and they sorted over the phone, everything fine given delivery date etc
The following day my mum received a call to say that the particular model was out of stock and managed to talk her into another machine to which he added she could have for a month and if she didnt like it she could return it.
The machine arrived and its nothing like the origianl one she ordered so she returned by recorded delivery, they received the machine few days before christmas.
Also mum checked her account to find they had taken £249.99 yet was told the cost of machine was same as original ordered.
My mum was away over christmas and new year and as site says it was closed from 24th dec to 3rd jan12.
My mum returned and called them to be told that the accounts department was closed till the 16.1.12 So yet again she called back to be told they only operate from 9am till 1pm Mon to Friday
Today she calls accounts department to say they have not received parcel yet tracking from royal mail says they have a month ago now
So lady from accounts takes tracking number and calls my mum back to say a Mr Collins signed for parcel and they have noone of that name on staff ( yet when you check tracking information there is no name as to who signed)
Also apparently they have moved premises yet they failed till now to inform my mum of this and no dates as to when they moved either.
My mum has been in touch with royal mail concerning delivery yet to hear back if they have any other information, she paid by Visa debit card
How should my Mum go about getting her money refunded please
Would be greatfull of any help Thankyou
Your Mum should ring her credit card company or as I did Trading Standards, they are very helpful. Coopers is a shower of an operationI too have had many problems with them It doesent matter who signed for the parcel, it was not your Mum. keep going.
I have already reported this firm to trading standards, they are interested in their illegal business transactions. They are verbally abusive and unreliable and not worth dealing with, they are awful and I feel for you. Please let me know how you get on. The more people that complain about this firm the better. They are liars, as I have found out. Check out their illegality with trading standards. Threaten them with the small claims court and ask to speak to Jay Cooper. That is if you get nowhere with your credit card company. Believe me I know how you must feel.