Coopers Sewing Machines

Anyone who has had dealings with this firm and can prove it with a receipt

• Total voters

Nanna

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks for the advice Nanna. I will do my homework before I buy a machine. It was on the off chance that I just typed coopers sewing machine reviews on the search engine as they did sound to good to be true. I am quite shocked to read all the terrible reviews that they have had, especially about how rude and the awful verbal abuse people have encountered. I a sorry that you have had to deal with this nightmare and I do hope that you have no problems with your machine and you get many years service out of it.
Thank you for your support, it is appreciated. I just hope that Coopers are found out, they are just awful. I am not given to tears but the day I ordeed I did cry because I felt so humiliated adn the verbal abuse was awful.

Nanna

Jan 24, 2012
Coopers...avoid like the plague, they are dishonest and abusive. I was givenm the excuse that Cooper Snr was 90 and that he did not know what he was saying, well he should not be trusted to deal with customers. Surely in these hard times, firms should be glad of the business, this is not the case with coopers, they are rude and abusive and it is time that customers started avoiding this sort of company. They may say they are distributors of all the big name makes but they do not do them any favours, in fact it draws you against them. There are many good companies out there, ok you may pay a few more pounds but nothing compared with the problems you will encounter with Coopers. If my machine goes wrong within the guarantee period, I would rather bin it than deal with Coopers again, I could not put up with the insults and swearing and general verbal abuse and lies from them. I hope whichever Cooper reads this, realises how bad their compnay is viewed, they cannot go on saying that it is rival companies that are writing these reviews.. I am a genuine but sorry customer of Coopers

Nanna

Jan 24, 2012
Thank you for your support, it is appreciated. I just hope that Coopers are found out, they are just awful. I am not given to tears but the day I ordeed I did cry because I felt so humiliated adn the verbal abuse was awful.
I purchased a machine from sewingmachineworldonline.co.uk and had nothing but positive great support from them, they bent over backwards to help me...great company, cannot recmmend them highly enough. I am sure you can find other companies to help you too,.

Quilting Girl

Jan 31, 2012
I have just purchased my second machine from Coopers, although I nearly did'nt after reading the problems others have had. My first machine which I bought in 2008 has been back for its second service - no problems at all. The new machine arrived damaged, but was collected and a new one delivered within five days. Everyone I spoke to at Coopers were efficient and friendly. Perhaps they have taken note of the feedback you have left.

Nanna

Jan 24, 2012
I have just purchased my second machine from Coopers, although I nearly did'nt after reading the problems others have had. My first machine which I bought in 2008 has been back for its second service - no problems at all. The new machine arrived damaged, but was collected and a new one delivered within five days. Everyone I spoke to at Coopers were efficient and friendly. Perhaps they have taken note of the feedback you have left.
It is nice that you had a good experience with Coopers. It is not just I that was unhappy with their service, it is many, many others. Lets hope they have learned from complaints, altough I would never go through that experience again. I would rather put the machine in the bin during the guarantee period than go through the awful verbal abuse again. I am happy that they served you well.

Nanna

Jan 24, 2012
I was just about to telephone coopers about ordering a sewing machine, I am so happy I read this forum first. Just to say a big Thank You to all of you on this thread.
I have no doubt that Coppers may be a an alright company when Mr.Copper Snr. is not there to answer the phone. However, I would still avoid after my experience. The verbal abuse should not even happen once, it is unforgiveable, even someone who has had a bad day would not answer a potential customer in this way. I am aware that Coppers have some happy customers, thats fine, but for me they are not worth dealing with. I was accused of fuelling the situation by mentioning bad feedback, again a good customer service operation would have dealt with it differently. Coopers, if you are monitoring this forum, please learn that you have to be polite to your customers, even when they are wrong. We pay your wages, even though I was told that my business was not needed. I was even told' I will see you in court.'...really pleasant. As it turned out, you delivered my machine when you said you would, this is the plus side....however I did not expect to spend all day on the phone and very upset at the response I met with Mr.Copper Snr. You gave an excuse that he was old and rude.....no excuse.

Elrond5

Jan 6, 2012
Or Singerdirect.co.uk or any other name they go by.

Well my first recorded delivery claiming back my money has gone off.
This pernicious firm continues to ensnare the public, with a bit of a twist ?

Ordered a Singer Machine on the 29th Dec cancelled after non-delivery on the 6th, ignored, but interestingly after trying to use their "Contact us" web page.
Yesterday found the following Viruses Exploit:java/Blacole.BM Trojan:Win32/Ramnit maybe an attack on that ailing company has occurred.

The Borehamwood address looks nice on "Google Street" with the Hertfordshire Police station just round the corner.

Beware.........Beware.........Beware..........Beware..........Beware
Well I have confirmation of the return of my money!
It took a while for the visa card people to confirm it, I did though receive unsolicited phone calls beforehand "one from the phone number use to set up this forum acc. ?" got the usual disinformation.
My Reg. letter warning 30 days to pay back or else had already gone out.
But all clean non-inflamitory communication, one can but hope for a stressless future for this deeply troubled company.

dickybee

Feb 17, 2012
Re: Coopers Sewing Machines - positive experience

I too ordered a sewing machine from Coopers before reading the feedback on this forum... Having read the comments I was very alarmed and considered myself very foolish as I have been a canny internet shopper for nearly 10 years now (one of the early adopters!). When the machine did not arrive on the appointed day I called Coopers and spoke to a very polite gentleman who told me that they had received the machines from the manufacturer, but were fitting them with UK plug adapters and so this had caused a delay of a few days - he expected the machine to be with me before the end of the week. It arrived in mint condition, packaging intact (complete with UK adapated plug), a day earlier than he said. I cannot fault the machine, the truth about the cause of the delay, nor the info about the arrival date. I was sorry to read about the experiences others have had in the past 2 years, but my expereince has been nothing but positive.

Alice

Feb 21, 2012
I have had very tricky dealings with Coopers Sewing Machines and eventual wrote cancelling my contract which is very sound advice.
I certainly DO NOT recommend them.

Having placed an order through their company 'Singers Direct' online
( I found this company name misleading as I very stupidly confused this with 'Singer Sewing Machines') I tried to cancel an order that had been delayed. They stipulate two days delivery but it had been over two weeks. Communication was very, very difficult throughout - a customer service adviser promised they'd get back to me but did not. I got no reassurance of when the machine was arriving ( well only after I'd cancelled my order!)

Out of frustration and concern, I was eventually referred to who I imagine was the manager who was very rude and told me that I would incurr a 20 per cent charge for cancelling my order even though the sewing machine I'd ordered had yet not arrived in the country!
I feel really sorry for the other people who I have read have had similar experiences. Mr Cooper sounds like a real bully :eek:

I have been told that my account has now been reimbursed. I really hope this is the case and it is for the full amount!

This will not deter me from losing faith that there are other good, reputable sewing machine suppliers out there but I will definetly be a bit more cautious and check up on all the reviews in future :)

threadman

Feb 27, 2012
Same issues as everyone else

Could be worth paying a visit here
Name & Registered Office:
COOPER SEWING MACHINES LIMITED
1 BEAUCHAMP COURT, VICTORS WAY
BARNET
HERTFORDSHIRE
EN5 5TZ
Company No. 00975232

Precious

Mar 6, 2012
I also had a similar experience and would not recommend Coopers. I was spoken to rudely when I asked questions and immediately called them back and cancelled my order as I was not confident in dealing with them after they were quick to get me off the phone after taking my order. They were extremely rude and put the phone down on me. Fortunately I blocked the transaction before they could try and process payment. I would stay clear from them.

SG8312

Mar 8, 2012
This is typical of review forums - a few of people can make a lot of noise - and not enough happy customers bother to shout louder!

I can do nothing but praise the personal service, good advice and customer service I have received - I bought a simple machine 2 years ago (which Coopers are happy to service free of charge), an embroidery machine two months ago and today another more robust machine for our little business.

There are very few companies where you can speak to the man in charge and get sound advice and superb service - don`t hesitate to use Cooper Sewing machines they are great!

Thank you Mr Cooper.

Sara

SteffiB

Mar 14, 2012
I also would like to report a positive experience with Coopers. Having read these threads only after I had placed my order I did not know what to expect. However I decided to wait and see and give them a chance instead of phoning up to try and cancel the order etc. The machine I had ordered online arrived in perfect condition the day after. In fact if I had not come across this forum I would never have had cause for a moment's concern about any of it. It has been bothering me since and prompted me to come back and leave a message for the first time ever on one of these forums. I clearly cannot pass comment on the negative experience of others (I have never met or spoken to anyone at the company) but I can say that I could not have had a more straightforward experience myself.

Jennywren

Apr 3, 2012
Like the person before me I ordered a machine from Coopers and I had no reason to complain. Staff at Coopers were excellent and my machine arrived the day after it was supposed to arrive. I too did not know about this consumer site until a few days before my order arrived but I can honestly say that I am so very pleased with my machine, the service given to me and I went on to order a further item where Coopers kindly sent me a lovely free gift. I will continue to order from Coopers.

lynn Halifax

Apr 10, 2012
I ordered my machine before I read the reviews and was seriously worried, however my machine arrived as promised. A month later my machine stopped working - having read that staff may be abuseive it was with trepidation that I rang to ask advice about returning it for repair. Totally surprised - staff were polite and really couldn't have been more helpful. I don't often write on review sites but having seen all the negative posts felt that I should really redress the balance. Still doesn't explain why some poor consumers are treated badly, just offering my own experience.

carogojo

Apr 18, 2012
I to have used Coopers, they said it did what it didnt took longer than they said to arrive, telphone them to say it was wrong, very rude reply, said tough, now going through credit card company to get refund, very very rude Mr Cooper and said i did not phone - i have proof on my phone bill !!! I would never use this company again and would not recommend - i am sure they are fine if you get what you ordered but a company goes by its problems not if things go wrong a good company would want customer satisfaction

lynn Halifax

Apr 10, 2012
Update on my Coopers experience - as stated previously I needed to send back my Silver 20HD machine as it had gone faulty and only had it for a month. Courier arrived next day and was told it would be back in four days, on the fourth day Coopers rang to say it would be replaced by a new machine, it arrived two days later. I really couldn't have asked for more, again polite and apologetic. I don't really understand why their customer service is so erratic can only tell of my own experience in dealing with them. I also used their email to ask for info on returns ect responses again were totally fine and helpful. It's all a bit strange but I really can't complain - having said that I would have been very angry if someone was rude and feel sorry for customers who had problems but all my dealings with them have been absolutely fine.

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
I did receive an offer to go down to new place (with expenses to cover my time) to see how they operate as Mr Cooper believes the forum has been hijacked by competitors. That was at New Year. I have heard nothing since.

It appears that there is at least some good feedback now, interspersed between the bad!

I would imagine it will take more than a couple of good feedbacks to repair the severe damage done to the name/brand.

lynn Halifax

Apr 10, 2012
Your absolutely right - an awful lot of damage will have been done with negative feedback which is why I felt compelled to write about my own experience - it's important to be fair and credit where credits due.

hak4

Jun 6, 2012
I had such a bad and horrific customer sales experience that it actually put me off the singer product itself.

Wanted to buy a gift to my wife and but was shocked by the horrific experience i had with singerdirect.co.uk also known as Coopers Sewing machines

I called and asked for the offers available and the person was so rude and in such a hurry to close the phone. So I thought maybe they are busy and so I will chat. They asked me to call back and enquire about the product. Again the chat was closed like there is a mad rush.

I called back and was told that the Singer 7463 machine is out of stock. I asked about the next model 7565 and the gentlemen gave me a different price and when I enquired he said whatever is on their website and that’s it. The phone was put down!!

There are two models 7465 and 7465 Quilters dream for 229 and 249 respectively. But the sale rep was not bothered answering any queries.
I was surprised and then thought maybe they are having a busy time. Told my wife and asked her to call the next day. She got the same horrible and rude treatment with no support on what they advertised(warranty and service) on website and when asked about the product she was rudely told to go and check the website.

I decided to again chat online with them so asked if products in stock. Was told to call and check. I did and was told its sold out but I could get the next version 7467 for the same price; again in a rush. When i asked to confirm the price, was told whatever stated on website. I told that it is 229 or 249 and he said well 249. I asked what about 10% discount advertised on all orders and he said order online and shut the phone.

I was so shocked and went back to chat online and asked for managers number and told about the rude behaviour. I was given a number and rudely the chat was signed off.

I called and spoke to Mr cooper and he said why would be a sale rep be rude when he is working on commission. Now i explained the whole situation and he asked what product i am after. Then I was told that the last one was sold just now. ( and this is the new model they had in stock half an hour before)
I am so horrified from their rude behaviour and just wonder how anyone could buy anything from them specially when they advertise 15 years warranty and free service facility but not bothered to explain anything.