Lovin Makeover Studios - Lovin Models

ramonaciuta

Jul 8, 2012
Hey guys,

Had the same/similar issue here. Got offered a free photoshoot, forced into purchasing images from Kevin (real name Lovin Panchoo) and have done anything but no success. So I'm in the process of taking him into Court as of now.

I also have some evidence of his staff knowing/claiming that he's scamming everyone and will see if i can get any witnesses.

If you guys wish to be of any help, please let me know ASAP so we can get justice. Just PM me, and we'll take it

had the same proble with this terrible people,can you call me back on 07506760323 to ask you for advice.thanks

ramonaciuta

Jul 8, 2012
Oh I had an email that I won a competition which I ignored and then had call about this telling me that I won a make over like on telly with a photoshots for free. She said lots of things and then £50 booking deposit which is refundable if I don't miss the appointment- of cos it was a scam and I was not alone there. The girl with two little kids also "won" and when her father told them it's a rip of they refused to give them £50back. I ended up paying £150 for 3 pic on cd - I didn't feel like I have a choice really. Wrote to watchdog and planning to report a fraud cos police should collect a record on them and maybe one day will close their criminal business. I felt trapped the moment I received confirmation letter from girl who phoned me saying the cancellation fee£123 charged on the card used to pay booking fee...
Wow this seems to be a massive scam. I'm currently working on a new BBC show called The Legalizer and will definitely make sure we look into this...
please doooo.call me on 07506760323

emanuelaema

Jul 18, 2012
HI, I also got scammed by these people. How annoying. However, I only paid 100 pounds "deposit" and then I realised it was a scam. I contacted trading standards, it is now called "Makeover studio". Please don't fall for it.

sarahsakimoto

Jul 29, 2012
Report this fraud

The same thing just happened to me - please report it to Action Fraud (the UK government reporting site - search for 'report action fraud' on google and it will come up) so that they can be shut down! We shouldn't have to part with that money when they lied to us! I've already registered a report but the more they have, the easier it will be for them to close them down.

EllzAnna

Aug 6, 2012
I paid a £50 deposit, went to the makeover and photoshoot, but refused to purchase any pictures. They have not refunded my desposit. When I asked what the deposit was even for, they said it's to make sure I turn up as some people do not turn up. They said I would be refunded the money when I turn up but I've tried calling them and cannot get through. I know it seems like a small sum compared to what others have been robbed of, but money is money and it's the principle. This company is lying and stealing from people.Is there any way I can get my money back?

Muna

Aug 6, 2012
Hi, I also got the same bad experience with Makeover London today. So if there is anyone who wants to start action against them please write to me. At least together we can be more powerful if we keep on going to their office etc.

Muna

Aug 6, 2012
yes i want to stick together my tel no is 07506760323
Hi, I do want to join forces against makeover! I am shocked that this company is getting so many complaints since 2008 and they are still operating in the central London cheating people, just next to BBC. And no one is doing anything about them. I thought I am protected in UK!!!:mad:

sarahsakimoto

Jul 29, 2012
I've started a page on Facebook - if we join onto this page, we can all stand together on this so that we can show it to trading standards and action fraud - the more people we have, the more convincing it will be - I can't post the website on here, but go to Facebook and search for 'Stopmakeoverlondon' - it's facebook.com/stopmakeoverlondon

Sorry to hear that you're going through this. I also reported it to The Office of Fair Trading and Westminster Trading standards. If you've paid through Paypal, you should complain to them as well. I think they've already dropped them because of this fraud, but if you paid directly with a visa or mastercard debit or credit card, report this to your company as well as fraud because they blatantly lied to us. It's horrible that there's no protection for us.

EllzAnna

Aug 6, 2012
I will be going to the stopmakeoverlondon Facebook page. I've also reported this incident to action fraud.
ACTION FRAUD has said:
If you know anyone else who believes they have been a victim of fraud who wants to report the incident please ask them to complete the online report. Just type ACTION FRAUD in google (as I can't post the website on here) or phone the contact centre on 0300 123 2040.

Muna

Aug 6, 2012
I will be going to the stopmakeoverlondon Facebook page. I've also reported this incident to action fraud.
ACTION FRAUD has said:
If you know anyone else who believes they have been a victim of fraud who wants to report the incident please ask them to complete the online report. Just type ACTION FRAUD in google (as I can't post the website on here) or phone the contact centre on 0300 123 2040.
Hi, I could not find that page on facebook. Is it exactly "stopmakeover London".
And regarding company to complaint, do you mean to complaint to the bank?
Is anyone here who is ready to go to court against Makeover?

Muna

Aug 6, 2012
Hi amina
what u need to do is contact consumer direct by email or best phone them at the number above,Then write to lovin model stating "time and essence" letter given them 7days to reply saying your "dissatisfaction" and you would like a full refund. If they dont reply send a second letter stating(final letter before legal action) given them 7-14 days to reply stating you are talking them to court. Make all copies of the letters sent with dates. If all fails which iam sure it will your next step is claims court.
Template Letters can be found on their website:

please let consumer direct know,ASAP

Verbal things the rat kevin has said does not count keep all copies and contracts.Because u used direct debit u should get your money back..its a long wait..I scared now as iv just got a court order to get my money back..if there website is gone i wonder if they ve left warren st..PLZ....PLZ...check it..ASAP...let us know,otherwise we will NOT ever get our money back!!!
Hi, you said that you got a court order. Could you please let me know more details about it? Did you get your money back at the end?

sarahsakimoto

Jul 29, 2012
Here's a copy of the letter I sent to them in case anyone wants to see:
Billing and Refund Department
Makeover Studios London
57 Warren Street
London
W1T 5NR

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to request a refund of my booking deposit that was taken from my Paypal account on the 19th of July, 2012.

I received a phone call on 17th July from Lisa and I was told that I won a competition to receive the Platinum Photoshoot package and that it was all free, but that I would need to pay a booking fee of £50 to secure my appointment. Lisa said that I would get that fully refunded on the day. I didn't want to give my bank details over the phone, so she told me to book the 'Angels' package on their website through Paypal (£99) and that even though it was more than £50, it didn't matter because I would get it all refunded on the day. She assured me several times that my money would be fully REFUNDED on the day, as long as I turned up for the appointment. I kept checking repeatedly that there were no fees and that all my money would be refunded, and Lisa assured me that it would be fully refunded on the day.

I went to my appointment on Sunday, 29th July at 12:00pm. When I got to the studio, it became clear that you have to buy any photos that are taken, so I told the makeup artist (as there were no actual members of Makeover Studios London there to help) that I didn't want to do the photoshoot since I wouldn't be buying any photos. I said I wanted to get my refund straightaway, but the makeup artist said they couldn't do it because they were 'consultants', so we had to wait for the manager to get there to process the refund. They said that we should get our hair and makeup done while we were waiting anyway, and even if we didn't do the photoshoot, then at least we would get our hair and makeup done for free.

After that, I still wanted to get the refund, so the photographer, Enzo, called the manager Mark. I spoke to the manager Mark on the phone (since all the people that worked there were 'consultants' and couldn't process my refund). I asked for my refund, as I was promised. Mark said that I had to do the photoshoot and 'experience the full package' before I got my refund.

I DID NOT WANT TO DO THE PHOTOSHOOT. I only took a few pictures to ensure I got my refund, as Mark told me I had to do. You can see this from the pictures that there is only 1 picture of me and a few of my friends. I obviously was not happy with doing the photoshoot. The Platinum package should have had hundreds of pictures and last at least 2 hours, but there were only about 5 pictures taken, which is evidence of my unwillingness to take the pictures.

After we did all of that, I then went into the office to talk to the guy selling the pictures (again, another ‘consultant’), and he then tells me that he can't refund my money and that it is only redeemable against purchase of the photos and that I would need to call head office to make a complaint. Every person I spoke to lied to me.

I saw that one of your colleagues wrote a response to my complaint to Paypal saying that I received a letter stating the terms and conditions and was fully aware of these. However, the tracking number on the letter that YOUR COMPANY (sent recorded delivery : AU318641325GB) shows that this letter wasn’t received until Monday, 30th July AFTER MY APPOINTMENT.

I would like a full refund of my £100 for these reasons:

1) I was told by Lisa that the £50 was a FULLY REDEEMABLE booking fee that was just to ensure that I showed up for the appointment.
2) Lisa told me to buy the Angels package and spend £100 just as a FULLY REDEEMABLE booking fee and that it didn’t matter that it was more than the original £50 because I WOULD GET IT ALL REFUNDED AS LONG AS I SHOWED UP.
3) When I got to the appointment, I fulfilled my part of the agreement by not missing my appointment. I WAS NOT TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ANY SERVICES BECAUSE I TOLD ALL OF YOUR STAFF REPEATEDLY AT THE STUDIO THAT I DID NOT WANT ANY OF YOUR SERVICES AT ANY TIME IF I HAD TO PAY FOR ANYTHING. There is not a single member of your staff that I did not tell that I did not want these services done. I have voice recordings of conversations that can attest to this.
4) Furthermore, I have called your office and left a message with the person that answered the phone over one week ago and no one has called me back.

I would like to believe that your company would not permit such fraudulent business practises and would not knowingly take people’s money for services that were unwanted and based on lies. I look forward to hearing your response.

Yours sincerely,

sarahsakimoto

Jul 29, 2012
I just spoke to someone from Westminster Trading Standards and he said this should be reported to Camden Trading Standards and that the more people that report this company, the more likely they are to be shut down. Right now he said there isn't much of a case as it's my word against theirs, but the more people that make a complaint, the more evidence there is in our favour. He also said to report it to your local council trading standards as well, as it's also under their jurisdiction because Makeover Studios called you at home. The guy from Westminster said that it's likely that this company is in violation of the Distance Selling Regulations. Please report it!!!!

sarahsakimoto

Jul 29, 2012
Please also sign up on the Facebook page - 'facebook.com/stopmakeoverlondon' so that we can all have one forum to work together on this!

sarahsakimoto

Jul 29, 2012
Please report this to Camden Trading Standards so that we can get them shut down! Please also join the facebook page I have started to try to shut them down as they ripped me off for £100 - facebook.com/stopmakeoverlondon

Muna

Aug 6, 2012
Please report this to Camden Trading Standards so that we can get them shut down! Please also join the facebook page I have started to try to shut them down as they ripped me off for £100 - facebook.com/stopmakeoverlondon
Well done Sarah, your messages cheered me up. I hope one day Makeover London will be questioned for their fraud actions.
I called them as well the day before I talked to Jonatan. It was just a waste of time he told me that this deposit is not refundable. But what for did they take this money if I didn't buy any pictures for them?

Muna

Aug 6, 2012
ACTION FRAUD has said:
Hi can you give me the link to action fraud because I was trying to report but couldn't figure out to which part to do it: Financial online and online Fraud?

sarahsakimoto

Jul 29, 2012
I can't post the link to action fraud, but if you type in 'action fraud reporting' into google, it's the first website that comes up. Let me know if you're still having trouble.