Lovin Makeover Studios - Lovin Models

naz14

Mar 15, 2013
Thanks for your help, yes I did pay with British card but how can I go to bank and get money back and report fraud. Is it fraud? Not sure if I can get my money back but I'm going to try.

Trouble49

Mar 3, 2013
I i'm sorry to hear you have become a victim of this disgusting company, i have reported them to trading standards in camden, i sent an email to the company giving them till next wednesday to refund my money if nothing happens i have to contact trading standards, i am not going to give up i want my £100. Back and i will get even if i have to get in touch with the papers, hope this helps you but don't be intimidated by them good luck

Cris

Mar 18, 2013
THIS COMPANY IS A MASSiVE SCAM!!!!! My sister won a comp for a "FREE" makeover & photoshoot. We were required to pay a £50 deposit each as supposedly they used top make up artists who worked with the likes of Jessie j & the Saturdays & the photographer had worked with more, vogue etc. I was concererned when my sister told me she had paid a deposit so I called them & spoke to a lady called Braine who assured me, if we wanted to purchase anything we could use the deposit against this, if we didn't want to the deposit would be refunded & be in our account a few days later. So we went on Saturday...BIG mistake! Although the make up artist was nice, she couldn't even straighten my hair properly!! We didn't get offered any drinks, not even a glass of water. When it came to viewing the photos, we were hit with the bombshell that we HAD to purchase at least 5!!! At a cost of £250 or we had have to pay the full cost of the make over at £800 each...I wouldn't pay £80 for it, the hair and make up was terrible, failing this they would take legal action. So we had to pay for photos that we didn't even really like. We are taking the further & in contact with citizens advice. SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!,!!!

Trouble49

Mar 3, 2013
So your another victim of this robbing company i have reported them to the Trading Standards i have to phone them tomorrow to let them know if i have received my £100. back. I sent an email to the company last week giving them till tomorrow Wednesday the 20th to refund my money, I haven't had a reply from my email but then thats to be expected from SCAMMERS like them i can assure you i will not give up i will get my money back even if i have to go back to London and get the BBC there and all the news papers, They are not going to get away with what their doing. I suggest you contact Camden Trading Standards the more people that report them the better, Good Luck

Stephaniepetters

Jun 12, 2013
I was disappointed too. I paid £50 deposit for two people totalling £100. They said I had won a free makeover session for me and my guest. I was also promised refreshments and a consultation. When me and my guest got to the studios there was no refreshments, no consultation. After the shoot we went to the viewing room. We paid £800 for a total of 12 photos on CD. The photographer took a total of 46+ photos. We could not afford to buy all of them. I am very upset that £800 of my money has gone on 12 photos. If I had won a competition surely I would get the photos at a discounted price, if not free.. Please someone tell me what to do.

Stephaniepetters

Jun 12, 2013
The competiton clearly says on their website the makeover is worth £800. On the phone the gy told me I had one the platinum package, which is worth £399.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
The only issue I can see with this is that you had to pay a deposit for something that you were supposed to have won so therefore should have been free, you didn't have to buy the photos but I can imagine that you would be pressured into doing so. Did you get the deposit back i.e. was it knocked off the price of your photos?

Last edited:

Stephaniepetters

Jun 12, 2013
I did not get my deposit back. It was added onto the photos. I was also told that I would get the photos discounted. I didn't. £800 is a lot of money for only 12 photos. We could not purchase all of our 46 photos as the price kept increasing. We were promised a lot of things but we didn't receive any.

olivia1

Jul 24, 2013
I got a call from makeover studios and I sadly believed that it was FREE. Her name was Briana and she got my card details and took £100 out of my account. I asked if the photos I was getting was for free and she said YES a couple and some others I would have to pay for. I made it clear that I wasn't interested in paying money for the photos and she lied to me.I wasn't told of any prices of photos or the terms and conditions until after the photo shoot. I had the makeover and photo shoot and I had to pay £250 otherwise the man said he would charge me £800 plus would take me to court. He is also planning to take another £250 out of my account again next month. I'm so upset with this! They need to be taken to court and shut down!

olivia1

Jul 24, 2013
That is awful!! I'm going to write a formal letter of complaint to them and see what happens. Did you try to get your money back? I'm worried they are gonna try and get more money from my account that I don't even have!

olivia1

Jul 24, 2013
All this has happened to me and I've written a letter of complaint to them. I want to ring them up but don't know if it's a good idea? Do you think they will also take me to court or back down?

olivia1

Jul 24, 2013
I have an email from them and was pressured into signing the contract. They are going to take more money from me in a months time and i dont know whether to fight for my money back and stop future payments which could end up in me paying more money by going to court or let them take it!? It's such a bad situation to be in. I talked to action fraud and they said it was NOT a scam or con and they have a right to take me to court if i don't pay the money.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
It is a con and a scam but done on the edge of the law.

Normally we would tell people that they should pay what they owe and claim it back afterwards but I have seen so many complaints about this company that I don't think they deserve that consideration, in the meantime you have to figure out how to stop them taking the money and the only sure way of doing that is to close the account because they have taken funds from cancelled cards!

We have no evidence of them taking anyone to court, they appear to rely on bullying to get their money.

If everyone who had been stung by them got together and protested about them outside their premises and arranged publicity, it may stop others getting stung but beyond that I would just wait for their court papers then come back here for help compiling your defence :rolleyes:

olivia1

Jul 24, 2013
Thanks for your feedback. I'm going to write a letter of complaint but don't know whether to ring them up? Would that make much difference? I've cancelled my card but what you have told me I will need to close down my account. It's a shame I signed the contract and authorised future payments but I was bullied into it. In total they will take £600 from me and i'm worried they will take more so I'm considering just letting them take out the last £250! I really don't want to but I could be put in a worse off position if I stop the money from coming out as they said they would take £800 out if I don't pay the full amount. Your right by saying they are doing it at the edge of the law as they don't state the hard facts when they call up. If I had known about terms and conditions and the photo prices I would have not gone along with it. It's such a hard situation as they have always won by taking everyone's money and will continue doing so until one day someone actually takes them to court which I don't have the money to do!