Lovin Makeover Studios - Lovin Models

hrh

Feb 1, 2010
They know we're on to them and they are scared ...good....ignore them...looks like they dont wana give your money back...and donig everything not too...what ever happens do not go to them what ever they say...their up to somthing!

Social Nutter

May 4, 2010
Manchester
Hey guys,

Just been reading all your posts. I won a competition for a 'free' makeover and photoshoot by this company and was asked to put down an £80 deposit to secure the booking. I was told on the phone at the time that the money was refundable when I attended the appointment, and the terms and conditions in the e-mail implied the same - but when I asked for my money back on the day I was refused it and told it could only be redeemed against photos I wanted to buy.

I've since been trying to get in touch with them but have only managed to speak to 'Laura' who keeps telling me that someone else will be in touch. They never are.

Having read all of your stories - I think I was the lucky one! I've just submitted the story to watchdog and if they don't pick it up, I'll certainly be getting a solicitor involved...

hrh

Feb 1, 2010
U r the lucky one I sent a letter to watchdog didnt hear anything but maybe now we all do they will do somthing! Do get solicitor but ask your self is it worth it as it might cost more then £80 still do and try consumer layers and experts first.

cheers

A_KLady

Jul 22, 2010
Hi everyone
The same happened to me but a year ago, do you know if they exist? Have tried to call but the phone line is cut. anyone had some luck with getting ££ back or hearing from watchdog???

hrh

Feb 1, 2010
I still in the process with the courts-they still havent paid a single pence -yet even with balliffs given them notice! If the lines are cut then they may have run off with our money! AKlady plz go and see on warren st? if u can-? Plz complain to watch dog we need more peple and phone consumer direct as they will help u..its not to late..!!!

rachylovesleigh

Aug 2, 2010
Hiya, Just posting on here after I had an experience at Lovin studios in London on 27th July 2010. We made our way all the way from Midlands and were looking forward to a nice day out. Got there, had make up done and hair and it was fantastic. Really friendly make up artists and receptionist. Anyway shoot was great, complete laugh and had pleasant photographer. Then when we finished we got taken into a room with a guy called Kevin who made us select our best photos. We told him which ones we liked and then we asked how much they were..Cutting long story short it was just too expensive and we explained we couldnt afford it and we wouldnt be having more than one..He told us that we couldnt purchase just one print and we had to have at least 5 which in total on paper would cost.. (£50 per photo) for a print and then £500 for 5 pics on a disk, which to me was way too expensive. We eventually was able to get a discount which was considerable amount. My partner didnt feel very happy about purchasing the photos but wanted to please me as I loved the photos and the airbrushing that he demonstrated was fantastic. Now after reading these posts, Its getting me a little concerned that we will not receive our photos, even though no-one has said they havent. Can anybody tell me if they have just paid for photos and not received then. I am not referring to anything to do with modelling, or being featured on their website or lovinmodels. Just as a paying customer, has somebody been fully charged and never received their pictures
thanks Rachel:eek:

dedo

Sep 29, 2010
Hey guys,

Had the same/similar issue here. Got offered a free photoshoot, forced into purchasing images from Kevin (real name Lovin Panchoo) and have done anything but no success. So I'm in the process of taking him into Court as of now.

I also have some evidence of his staff knowing/claiming that he's scamming everyone and will see if i can get any witnesses.

If you guys wish to be of any help, please let me know ASAP so we can get justice. Just PM me, and we'll take it from there.

Thanks

thespian_sl

Oct 17, 2011
I think these guys took me for a ride also. I stupidly paid the £50 up front believing it would be refundable and that I would get one free photo at the end of my shoot. I obviously didn't receive this.

The people at the actual place were nice. I mean I guess if anything I paid £50 for the experience of having my hair and makeup done and then having a photo session. Meh.

The guy in the viewing room (Kevin? Lovin? Who knows what his name is!??!) said I wasn't entitled to a free photo on disc despite me having an email that said it IN WRITING from the company in response to an email I sent to them.

What can I do? I'm not happy that they have £50 of my money!! But I didn't sign on to buy any of the pictures.... I don't want more people having to fork out money like I did without knowing what they're getting into.

I was also told the photos would start from £30, this wasn't the case when I got there (it was £60 or something) so basically it's a whole lot of false information and once you get there, they try and take more money from you. Please, if you don't want to pay £50 just for an experience, don't give them your details.

Also, if anyone else on this forum would like to pool together to make a case, I'm happy to join forces!!

katmck

Oct 30, 2011
I got scammed yesterday eg, won the competition from uk bride, paid 50 was told i would get it back and a drank blah blah, they give me water wish i had to ask for and forced my partner and i to buy a cd said we had a cheaper upgrade and sold the cd for 670 in thought he meant 67.60 not hundreds my god, he mae my partner sign a contract and now we have been done for

caggiewaggie

Nov 12, 2011
I had an experience with Makeover/Lovin London and was extremely disappointed and misled. Won the make over through UKBride and paid £50 deposit to secure the date, were based in Newcastle so had to arrange transport there and back which involved 6 hours of travelling. We thought this was a great competition and planned on buying prints for both mine and my fiances parents as a Christmas/thank you present.
Once I paid the £50 the girl who called me (Fleur) emailed to confirm what I would experience on the day.
Dear Caroline & Guest

An appointment has been booked and approved for you at London's
Premier Makeover & Photographic studio - Makeover London.

Appointment Date: friday 11th november

Appointment Time:mad: 1pm

Please do not hesitate to confirm back by replying to this email or
if you
have any further questions regarding your appointment.

Kind regards,

--

fleur

Booking Consultant

0207 388 5757

MAKEOVER STUDIOS LONDON
57 Warren Street
London
W1T 5NR

Tel: 0207 388 5757

--

The day:

Your day will be a luxurious pampering treatment with a full
makeover.
You will start your day by having a personal consultation to
discuss your desired look and relaxing with refreshments. Your
makeup will
be applied by one of our top London makeup artists, hair will be
styled to
perfection (dry styled) and your photographs will be captured by
our
leading team of photographers.. You will end your day by viewing
your
photographs, discussing potential packages and leaving like a
star to have FREE VIP entry into AMIKA nightclub in London for you
and all your guests.

What to bring:

You can bring 3-4 outfit changes for your photoshoot. Bring
appropriate
footwear, accessories, jewellery etc to compliment your look. If
you have
a certain makeup/hairstyle that you like, feel free to bring
pictures to
show your makeup artist. If you have any allergies to
makeup/skincare
please bring you own products. Your hair will be dry styled (no
wash/cut)
so please wash your hair and do not apply too much styling
products. Wear
no makeup or keep it minimal. If you would like to show your
hands/feet in
photographs, please keep nails tidy/polished.
Feel free to bring any props or items that relate to any hobbies
you may
have on the day to incorporate into your photoshoot. For instance
if you
are a keen footballer why not bring along your football kit to wear
and a
football! Your day will take up to 4 hours at the studio.

On arriving at the studio we filled in a form and waited about 15 minutes before out make over started, althought I ended up wearing a lot more make up than I even thought possible, it was an enjoyable experience. We were then put back in reception and waited a further 20-25 minutes before going down in the studio. It was fun and did have a good time only to be put back in reception again and wait another 15-20 minutes whilst the photos were loaded onto the computer and the guy went out for a cigarette!

When we finally got into the viewing room we were suprised at how well the photos turned out and how many there were. We went through them all and narrowed it down to 29 photos. And so it began, the hard sell which we had expected however what I didnt expect was how extortionate the prices were, £800 for 20 photos on a disk and the legal rights to the photos which are apparently owned by UK Brides legal department????
We were also told that Fleur no longer worked for the company because she was promising extras when speaking to the competition winners, this meant we werent getting a free print as in another email I received from Fleur..

*Hi Caroline,

Do not worry, i only took 50 pound for two of you not each!!! That fifty pound is redemable on the day.The photographs are amazing you will want the lot !! You will receive one for free- they start at 30 pound then after that the more you buy the more the price willgo down for you.
Most people do buy because it gives them something to show the person that does their hair and makeup on their wedding day etc,plus they are stunning!!!
I hope i have answered your questions !!
It is a brilliant day you will love it!
See you on the day,
kind regards fleur. x

We then managed to haggle him down further to £450 with a further 30% discount to which I told him Fleur said they started at £30 so our budget was £150 max and he agreed and burnt all 29 photos onto disk and began writing the contract out. As I went to put my card in the reader it stated £150, I had already paid £50 so it should have been £100 despite him already burning them to disk he told us he just couldnt do that we said we'd narrow the photos down further but still he COULDNT do it so we ended up leaving without the £50 deposit back, without any photos, without our nightclub tickets and the whole of our day down the pan! It took us 6 hours travelling, cost us £100 travel costs and we ended up waiting around for almost an hour whilst we were in the studio.

I CANNOT believe that UKBride is genuinely affiliated with Makeover london and Cameron I would absolutely love to know what your response is.

Jonestp

Jan 9, 2012
Hi, I've just read these reviews and am a bit worried - I got the same call that everyone seems to get at the end of last year, after I'd signed up to UKBrides. I'm due to have my 'makeover / photoshoot' in a couple of weeks time. They have taken £50 from my card (after I got off the phone I realised I was stupid to fall for this and should have told the lady where to go), but I'm thinking that actually I shouldn't waste my time travelling to London and having this day as I'm going to get ripped off. The lady didn't mention on the phone, but after checking the email they sent me, you get charged £125 for cancelling the day! Complete joke. I have actually got a new card now so I don't think they would be able to take this money from me as all the details will be different, but I'm worried that they would maybe follow it up as a legal case - not sure what to do, any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks.

thelegalizer

Jan 18, 2012
Wow this seems to be a massive scam. I'm currently working on a new BBC show called The Legalizer and will definitely make sure we look into this...

Ploy

Feb 16, 2012
Oh I had an email that I won a competition which I ignored and then had call about this telling me that I won a make over like on telly with a photoshots for free. She said lots of things and then £50 booking deposit which is refundable if I don't miss the appointment- of cos it was a scam and I was not alone there. The girl with two little kids also "won" and when her father told them it's a rip of they refused to give them £50back. I ended up paying £150 for 3 pic on cd - I didn't feel like I have a choice really. Wrote to watchdog and planning to report a fraud cos police should collect a record on them and maybe one day will close their criminal business. I felt trapped the moment I received confirmation letter from girl who phoned me saying the cancellation fee£123 charged on the card used to pay booking fee...

Last edited:

NotHappy92

Mar 5, 2012
I paid 100 pounds for my first installment and later on when i lost my job i tried to get in contact with them but no reply it like there phone is disconnected ..i did my shoot in November and were in march and i haven't received no pictures. They left me with a 117 pound overdraft and yet i can not get through to them. the bank said if it 17 days they have to do a investigation on this. they can phone me to ask for my bank details but not when i need them to discuss problems.

::mad::mad::mad::mad

CityLady

Jun 12, 2012
Hello Everyone

I am the latest victim of these fraudsters.

I won't go into the in and outs as you've all been there already but suffice to say they wanted the £50 deposit to be used against the purchase of photos.

My first course of action will be to cancel my debit card tomorrow so that they can't cause any further damage. Having read some info from Trading Standards they have committed a criminal offence by not mentioning a 7 day cooling off period if you have signed a contract which is what I did yesterday on the understanding I could pay in installments.

My second course of action is to contact Trading Standards and OFT and get them to investigate. I'm not going to ring for a refund as they will either not answer or argue so there's little point in putting myself through more stress.

Did you all get some flannel on the phone about booking makeup artists and hair stylists hence the deposit being needed? Well interestingly when I spoke to the makeup girl yesterday she told me she works there every Sunday. No need to book her then, eh Lovin?

Anyway we all have strong cases to take this further and if we group together we can do something as what they are doing is really mean. I took my 10 year son and his baby sister yesterday and now I'm going to have to explain why we won't be getting the pictures after all.

silviuccia

Jul 2, 2012
Hello all,

I received a phonecall by London makeover and She told me that I win a platinum package.
I'm very stupid and I trust her :(
I told code of my debit card for 100 pound for appointment, but now I don't want came in this studio, there is a way to obtain refurbish or I'm lost my money?

Many thanks

p.s sorry for my grammar I'm not English, I'm in U.K from march :(

ramonaciuta

Jul 8, 2012
I think these guys took me for a ride also. I stupidly paid the £50 up front believing it would be refundable and that I would get one free photo at the end of my shoot. I obviously didn't receive this.

The people at the actual place were nice. I mean I guess if anything I paid £50 for the experience of having my hair and makeup done and then having a photo session. Meh.

The guy in the viewing room (Kevin? Lovin? Who knows what his name is!??!) said I wasn't entitled to a free photo on disc despite me having an email that said it IN WRITING from the company in response to an email I sent to them.

What can I do? I'm not happy that they have £50 of my money!! But I didn't sign on to buy any of the pictures.... I don't want more people having to fork out money like I did without knowing what they're getting into.
yesterday me and my friend were going to this makeover studio
I was also told the photos would start from £30, this wasn't the case when I got there (it was £60 or something) so basically it's a whole lot of false information and once you get there, they try and take more money from you. Please, if you don't want to pay £50 just for an experience, don't give them your details.

Also, if anyone else on this forum would like to pool together to make a case, I'm happy to join forces!!
yes i want to stick together my tel no is 07506760323

ramonaciuta

Jul 8, 2012
Hello all,

I received a phonecall by London makeover and She told me that I win a platinum package.
I'm very stupid and I trust her :(
I told code of my debit card for 100 pound for appointment, but now I don't want came in this studio, there is a way to obtain refurbish or I'm lost my money?

Many thanks

p.s sorry for my grammar I'm not English, I'm in U.K from march :(
can you please contact me on 07506760323